Pittsburgh Babies
Options

Monroeville Day Care

Anyone have any reviews/suggestions on a DayCare in the Monroeville area?  We are looking for an affordable and reliable place.  I HATE the thought of leaving my son with other people, but due to the fact that we both work full-time during the day we do not have a choice.  We are 26 weeks along, but I would like to start getting a thorough headstart on this.  Thank you so much!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Monroeville Day Care

• Options
    I currently take my daughter to the learning tree in monroeville  It is actually in the office bldg connected to Forbes Regional hospital. I feel very comfortable there I also work there so that helps but the staff is really great. I only use it part time because I have some family help as well but it is very affordable also. Goodluck!!
  • Options
    Thank you!  I was just there today and it looked nice...and the price was the lowest I have seen so far (though I haven't been to many places yet).  It seems like a very good place...I just don't think I like the idea of leaving him with strangers! Sad (which I don't really have a choice about) and I want to make sure I pick the right place.  Did you choose the Learning Tree before you started working there?  If so, how did you know which day care was the right one for you and your child?
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

I have been working there for years and had talked to several other mothers and fathers who are also employees at the hospital. The convenience and cost was definitely a draw. She only goes there "part time' because I have my mom watch her part time also. It is great being able to pop in and check on her at any time I get a break. No daycare is perfect, but I really feel comfortable with the caregivers in the "infant" room. I can not say anything about the other rooms, because I have not personally had the experience yet. My daughter just turned one and is there and I am due in 2 weeks. I may be getting a new job and actually do not want to leave because I feel comfortable with her there, and want him there too. It is all still up in the air but I wish you the best of luck keep me posted if you end up there!

And don't worry I cried when I dropped her off the first time and was only a few floors away! It will all work out!

• Options
    So far, I think the Learning Tree is our top choice.  We only looked at a couple other places.  There doesn't really seem to be many places in Monroeville.  We looked at Penn Garden at the end of Garden City and Kiddie Kollege on Northern Pike.  We definitely know we don't want to go to the Kiddie Kollege and, at this point, Penn Garden is in "second place".  Decisions...Decisions...thank you for your help! Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"