Parenting after 35
Options

Vasectomy reversals?

I'm just wondering what other ppl's experiences have been?  My BF is 45 and I am 33.  We've been dating about 9 months.  Not ready to have kids any time soon but assuming we move forward in the relationship I would like to maybe have another child.  He has two teenagers and I have a 2.5 year old son. 

I read up a little about it on the internet.  But I was wondering if anyone wanted to share their personal experience?  I know there is a chance it won't work.  He's had his for 15 years or so. 

Re: Vasectomy reversals?

• Options

I think that's probably a question only his doctor can answer properly.   Gotta think that every guy's plumbing is a bit different, so some reversals may be trickier than others.    Is his orginal doctor still around?   I guess I'd start there.

GL

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I know quite a few that have had them done, and they were all successful, but I don't know the history though. DH's undid on it's own, and it worked. I second BB, a doctor would have to have a look and see what the scar tissue is like and what happened with the original procedure.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DH had a reversal done and it was not successful. He was almost 46 when he had it done. He had the vasectomy done probably about 13 years prior to that. The longer you wait the less chance for success but it also depends on how it was done and how much scar tissue. We ended up having IVF with ICSI done and that was successful on the second try. We did a SA about a year ago and at that point it was too few to count and no motility so that was 4 years after the procedure. I'm fine with that now since we are done and I'm glad not to have to be on birth control. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"