Single Parents

Completely Confused....

I am 9 months pregnant and have been with my husband for 7 years, married for 2. He has recently been having trouble dealing with the death of his grandma and family friend. Things have been pretty rocky off and on for the last couple of months with his grieving....last week he told me he can no longer find a way to be happy with me in our marriage.
I'm obviously unhappy about this. Just wondering if anyone could give me any advice on how to deal? Not really sure what to do.

Re: Completely Confused....

• 1. I'm so so sorry you're dealing with this.

2. Focus on taking care of yourself and your baby. Your health and your baby's health is all that matters right now.

3. As soon as you're comfortable, consider seeing a therapist to help you process your feelings. Once you have the baby you're going to go through a lot of ups and downs that are a normal part of the post-partum period, your situation might compound them. If you feel like you're down or depressed, please see your doctor ASAP for meds because your baby needs you engaged and operating at as close to 100% as possible. Find strength in your baby. Use your baby as something to focus on to help you through. Your baby will always love you and will always be there for you. Its love is unconditional. Take comfort in that.

4. Please go and talk to some attorneys about your rights as a mother and wife in this situation as soon as possible. Many attorneys offer free or low cost consultations where they'll tell you about the process and their general 37,000 ft perspective on your case. They'll also go over their rates and the probable financial outcome of the divorce. You need to do this sooner rather than later so you can prepare.

5. If you haven't already done so, open up a separate bank account in your name only and start putting away money. In most states, as the wife, you're entitled to 50% of marital savings and assets. Take care of yourself financially.

6. Know that we're here for you every step of the way.

(((hugs)))

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"