January 2011 Moms

CLICKY: What kind of car do you drive?

Or type?

I want a new car so I need some stats from other moms.

[Poll]

Re: CLICKY: What kind of car do you drive?

• We have an Accord sedan
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Honda Pilot. Love it.
  • Loading the player...
  • RedZeeRedZee member
    I voted for other 'cause I have a sedan and DH has an SUV. Comes in handy pretty often otherwise we'd have to attach things to the roof of my car.

DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • 95 buick le sabre. runs great.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have a dodge Durango.  I dont love it but do not hate it either. It has 7 seats and we use them more then I expected to.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker image
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageRedZee:
    I voted for other 'cause I have a sedan and DH has an SUV. Comes in handy pretty often otherwise we'd have to attach things to the roof of my car.

Wow this is the issue we have. I want a car and he thinks I should keep my suv.

Background: I had a 2 seater Honda del Sol in high school. When I was in college, my parents finally gave in (they got annoyed that only one person could ever ride with me, and that person according to them had to be tiny) and got me a 5 seater Honda civic coupe (2005), which I LOVED. When I got out of grad school, I wanted to trade my car in for a 4 door car/ sedan because I needed the upgrade. We decided on getting the sedan. Then we got delayed because of all sorts of reasons, and 2010 came...we decided after we found out about LO that we were going to need a 4 door car. So we went to the dealership, and walked out with a crossover because DH convinced me that I NEEDED an suv for snow emergencies and that we needed the space. Fast forward to 2012, and I still hate the size. It makes me not want to ever drive and I hate looking for parallel parking spots that are big enough to fit my vehicle. So I want to trade it in and get the car, and since the suv is worth more, we won't be losing any money. And even if it was going to cost us, I don't care, I hate having a car and paying for parking+ overpriced insurance and not wanting to drive it. I don't like DH's car, I can't see where the front of it ends, and switching is not an option anyway because he commutes 2 hours each way and needs the gas mileage (he has a hybrid and I have a gas consuming suv). Not to mention, he said that he can't drive an suv to work/ school because he is an environmental engineer and has an image to uphold. No joke lol

A part of me wants to walk into a dealership, get my car I always wanted to get, and then let DH figures it out. We can get an suv when he graduates :) lol

• Thanks everyone, I noticed most people have a sedan!!!
  • Compact car. Not fun with 2 kids under 2.5. lol
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have a sedan, but DH drives it to work everyday, and I've only driven it once...
    I'm always home.
  • We just traded in our Tahoe for a minivan.  DH has a 2005 Escape and I would have been happy to trade him.  Actually we did trade until DS was born, but wanted me to drive the Tahoe with the baby because of the better safety features.  I hated the Tahoe, climbing in and out of it all the time and I wasn't really fond of driving it either. 

We traded the Tahoe in because we couldn't fit a car seat behind the driver's seat incase DH was driving, he's so tall he needs to have the seat all the way back.  With DS's bigger carseat now, we wouldn't be able to have his seat behind the driver.  And we wouldn't constantly be playing the car seat shuffle.  Those and for the fact we would get better gas mileage with almost any other vehicle.

I like our minivan, although it's a minivan.  Ironically enough we have more storage space than the Tahoe!  Shocked both of us when we took our first road trip with the van.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Couldn't click...suv..BMW x5..love!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"