Postpartum Depression

Celexa

My dr prescribed celexa for anxiety/depression which I started taking Monday night. Anybody have experience with it? It has made me feel awful!
Married my love 6/27/09 Conceived 09/09, LO born 6/17/10 TTC #2 since 12/11, BFP 2/22/12, m/c 3/2/12 @4w Stopped TTC for now. Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Re: Celexa

• What are your symptoms?

I took Celexa after my DS was born, and I have been taking it preemptively since about 4 weeks postpartum this time around as well, and I've had no side effects that I'm aware of. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Nausea, loss of appetite, sleep disturbance, light headedness... How long did it take before you started to feel it take effect?
    Married my love 6/27/09 Conceived 09/09, LO born 6/17/10 TTC #2 since 12/11, BFP 2/22/12, m/c 3/2/12 @4w Stopped TTC for now. Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I was on this for a short time.  I will tell you it was hard to tell what was a side effects of the meds vs. if it was due to the reason I was on the meds.  Before I started I had loss of appetite, sleep issues, etc.  After I took it those issues got worse but I didn't really connect it to the meds.  I got feed up and started slowly going off of it without my dr. advise.  While withdrawl sucked (major light headed for about a week) I was like my old self after that.  I know it works for some people but for me it actually made my problems worse.
  • imagesarahsmiles0509:
    Nausea, loss of appetite, sleep disturbance, light headedness... How long did it take before you started to feel it take effect?

I didn't experience any of that either time. How much are you on?

I think the main positive effect of this med is that it allows me to sleep better at night, which is my main feature postpartum.  I was taking sleep meds for a bit, and have been able to stop taking them since about 6 weeks after starting Celexa again. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I take this for my PPA and now my hair is now falling out in clumps. I am more moody and have issues sleeping. Regardless of when I take it. Good times.
    "You and me together can do anything, baby!!" DMB
    Married October 16th, 2010
    TTC #1 since October 2010
    1st BFP 1-12-11
    MC'd 1-22-11
    2nd BFP 2-15-11
    Our Wee One....**KENNEDY JO** born 10/3/11@ 36weeks via Csection
    My BFP Chart
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Labor Buddy to **MRS.ATCH** Welcome Quinn 11-5-11**
  • I took celexa pre-pregnancy and experienced some of the same symptoms.  I was nauseous and had a loss of appetite.  I was also extremely thirsty.  It took about 3 or 4 days for the nauseousness to go away, 2 weeks for the loss of appetite and the thirst slowly got better over a couple of months. 
  • I have been on Celexa or the generic pre-pregnancy and during pregnancy. I was told to ease into becuase of nausea that it causes but besides that I haven't had any negative side effects. The meds start helping me within a few days. I am hoping they will also help ward off any PPD. GL!

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"