24 Weeks Pregnant
Options

Glucose Test--Jelly Beans or Grape Juice now!

Make sure you talk to your doctor about alternatives to the gross orange glucose drink that they give you for your test. New approved substitutes include eating 18 Brachs Jelly Beans or drinking 8 oz. of Welch's Grape Juice--both of which are tastier alternatives to the standard Glucola. Don't just take it because that's what they give you, you have the right to ask about the alternatives! Enjoy!

Re: Glucose Test--Jelly Beans or Grape Juice now!

• Options
    So can you refuse if they don't give you an option? I feel like welchs would be better for you. That Orange stuff taste like a super surgery flat soda. I go tom for my 24wk checkup .
  • Options
    Well...yes. You can refuse any medical procedure or test that you don't want. 

That being said, it seems pretty silly to me to refuse this test because you don't like the way that the Glucoa tastes. Having diabetes can serious affect your baby (and you) in a number of ways and can be life threatening for both you AND baby if you're unaware and don't properly address the issue. 

It may not taste good, but it's better for your child if you just suck it up and drink it. Even if it turns out that you don't have diabetes, it's better to know and be prepared than lack the knowledge and appropriate level of care. 

I hope for your child's sake that you took the test.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    It's not bad I was so worried I was going to throw it up I made my husband taste a little first just to make sure... It tasted like a melted Popsicle. My doc gave me mine to take home and I put it in the fridge and got it really cold...
  • Options
    um, of course its not good for you. it's a test to make sure your body reacts properly to bad things. try to get through it ladies, for the wittle ones.
  • Options
    this is going to be my second test.... i took the first one a at 10weeks because is was slightly over weight.... (10#) and now that i changed OB (change of insurance) i have to do it again the first one was fine, and bs came back at 98. but here we go again on thursday! 
    BabyFruit Ticker
    BabyName Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"