Babies: 6 - 9 Months

When did you switch to Size 4 diapers? (Pampers)

Hi Ladies - jumping up to this board b/c DS is big for his age.  He's been in size 3 for a while (he was 19 lbs at 4 months and at least 20 now) and I don't know whether to bump him up to size 4 or not.  We use Pampers Swaddlers (size 3) and I can't find Pampers Swaddlers size 4 on Amazon or BRU other than the sensitive ones.  I have some size 3 Cruisers here but I hated them - they are not compatible with DS's loose stools. 

Size 3 is supposed to go up to 28 lbs, and size 4 is 22-37 lbs (it makes no sense to me why they overlap sizes like that, oh well...).  He's had a couple leaks during the night, and still the occasional blowout after his first good bowel movement of the day.  So I'm wondering if he's already needing to move up to size 4.  

Any advice?  (I usually buy in bulk, so it's kind of a commitment...LOL)

Thanks!  

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: When did you switch to Size 4 diapers? (Pampers)

• We are making the switch right now at 18 pounds. FWIW, I prefer the cruisers much much more than swaddlers (at least with a mobile baby) 

Also, I have never gone off the weight on the box as it hasn't ever been right.  

• imagelkm2006:

We are making the switch right now at 18 pounds. FWIW, I prefer the cruisers much much more than swaddlers (at least with a mobile baby) 

Wish I could send you my cruisers...LOL...DS is still just rolling a bit and not that mobile yet.  Just big.  :)

• Loading the player...
  • I make the switch to the larger size based on whether the diaper can hold DS's output...
  • We made the switch to size 4 around 5 months when the 3's were no longer containing the stuff. However, I hated the other types of pamper diapers (loved the swaddlers!) so we switched over to Huggies Snug and Dry. I love them and we hardly ever have any issues with them. They are not as "crinkly" feeling as the pampers baby dry.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • nic326nic326 member
    Almost 3 mos ago. My kid is huge!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageNwlywed07:
    We made the switch to size 4 around 5 months when the 3's were no longer containing the stuff. However, I hated the other types of pamper diapers (loved the swaddlers!) so we switched over to Huggies Snug and Dry. I love them and we hardly ever have any issues with them. They are not as "crinkly" feeling as the pampers baby dry.

Hmmm....I may have to try a small box of those then. I'm so nervous to try something new. Thanks! 

• I wouldn't go up a size, I'd switch to Baby Dry and see if that helps with the overnight leaks-Swaddlers aren't made for overnights.
  • imagelisac1017:
    imagelkm2006:

We are making the switch right now at 18 pounds. FWIW, I prefer the cruisers much much more than swaddlers (at least with a mobile baby) 

Wish I could send you my cruisers...LOL...DS is still just rolling a bit and not that mobile yet.  Just big.  :)

He will be mobile soon!! :)

I saw another poster commented about Huggies snug and dry. We have those also and I like them as well! They have the benefits off baby dry but with the flexibility of the cruisers.  

• They don't make swaddlers in size 4 - sorry!  I just switched to pampers baby dry and cruisers (trying a small case of both to see which I like better) from Huggies snug and dry.  I know which my LO's body shape, the snug and dry leak out the legs, so I know she is still fitting in them fine (she weighs 19 lbs tops).  So far I like both of them better than snug and dry because they work best with her body.  I would try small packs of different types to see which you like best.  That way, worst case scenario, you are only using diapers you don't like for maybe a week?  Then once you find one you like, buy in bulk!
  • DD is actually still in size 2's, and we use 3's at night. We'll be switching up to 3's soon, I really just go by overall fit...

And I've found that Huggies are a little bigger than the Pampers swaddlers...

• I made the swith from Pampers swaddlers sz 3 to Pampers Cruisers sz 4 at about 6 months and 20 lbs.  DS definitely needed the larger size, he never would have lasted until 28 lbs!
    DS 11.24.11
    MMC 3.30.16
  • vlong4vlong4 member
    We are still in 3's. DS is LONG and pretty lean. He weighs around 18 pounds but is the same length as DD when she was a year!!! When I'm done with what we have, I'll put him in 4's. We use pampers baby dry. Holds his pee overnight (on the odd nights he sleeps overnight). I like the way cruisers fit him now that he's crawling.
  • WOW! My two year old wears size 4 (Huggies), and I believe he made the switch sometime after 18 months. He's always over the upper weight limit before I have to move him up. It's amazing how different bodies can be isn't it?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"