January 2011 Moms

Brushing teeth

How does everyone brush LO's teeth?  I am having a very hard time getting her to let me brush them!  Any suggestions would be helpful!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Brushing teeth

• We do it at night while watching Elmo.  She likes DH to do it.  After we brush them a little bit we let her do it herself which usually is her chewing on the toothbrush.

I'd just keep trying consistently.  Some nights DD doesn't want us to do it so I just let her chew on the brush. 

• RedZeeRedZee member

We do it in the morning (even though I'm trying to add it at night but failing). I let her do it while I brush my teeth, then I go in for some more scrubbing. She used to think it was funny but lately she hates it.

I don't think I've seen you post here before. Sorry if I just missed it. But otherwise, welcome!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13
  • Loading the player...
  • E loves having her teeth brushed so I'm probably no help.  I started using one of those finger brushes as soon as she got teeth so she would be used to it when the time came where she had a mouth full of teeth that needed brushed.  Once she started showing interest in my tooth brush I got her a little tooth brush and let her chew on it while I brush mine then I put on the infant toothpaste and actually brush them.  There are days where if she's being super cranky I just hand her the toothbrush for her to chew on.  I think seeing me do it was a big factor as well because she wants everything I have.
  • Whitney loves it. She keeps saying "More! More!" Because she wants more toothpaste. So I pretend to put more on, and she goes to town.

• we only use water on the brush. i do it early in the day and try to get a quick scrub in then he likes to play with it and chew it. some days it goes ok...and then there are those other days!
  • DH brushes LO's teeth at night before bed while she is in her crib. When he is done, he gives her the brush and she does it (or chews on it). We use the bendable banana training toothbrush.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"