Natural Birth
Options

Help me get my baby out!

I haven't posted on this board before, but I could use some advice from you ladies. I just had my final OB appointment, and they scheduled an induction to start Thursday night. My doctor won't let me go over 42 weeks so the process has to start before the weekend. I broke down after my appointment today because I just feel like LO needs more time and our natural birth plan is going to be tossed out the window. Pity party over, so now I'm just looking for any possible natural induction options I may not have come across. I haven't tried caster oil yet and plan to attempt that tonight. I was dilated 2-3 cm today and my OB stripped my membranes.

Any suggestions very welcome and appreciated!  

Re: Help me get my baby out!

• Options

I'd be trying every old wives tale also.  Good luck...here are the ones I've heard of or tried in the past.

Eggplant Parmesan - the mixture of spices is supposed to induce labor

Hiking in the heat - lunges uphill included

Driving up, then hiking at the top of a mtn (change in elevation)

Sex/Orgasm

Walking/lunges/hills

Nipple stimulation

Evening Primrose Oil to ripen cervix

and of course Castor Oil to irritate your guts and maybe induce a little labor (I know two people who tried Castor oil and one it worked, one it just made miserable, but at least it cleaned her out so she didn't poop during labor a few days later.)

Are you united with the CCOKCs?

• Options
    The girls on my local board suggest acupuncture & my chiropractor recently said I might need an adjustment towards the end to get things "lined up & moving". GL!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    im a midwife & these ladies have given you all the best advice. do as much as you can- also pelvic rocking to be sure the baby is in a good position. its not safe to go over 42 weeks, but its all good- you're going to have a healthy baby!
    TTC since 1/2008
    BFP 7/2009 m/c
    BFP 9/2009 m/c
    Clomid IUI 12/2010, 1/2011, 2/2011 All BFN
    IVF #1 6/2011 BFN, no frosties
    IVF #2 2/2012 BFP
    DD born 10/2012
    FET 9/3/2013 BFN, no more frosties
    IVF # 3 11/3/13 Canceled after retrieval d/t severe OHSS, 3 frosties
    FET #3 2/2014 BFP Twins!
    B/G Twins born 9/2014 at 36w4d

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

GL.. Stay very active... Lots of moving, lunges, sex, spicy foods... 

That's a bummer. We talked to our Dr about going past 42 weeks. She said that as long as I was healthy and LO was healthy we can go over... I think it's dumb yours wont. :-(

Keep us posted! I hope you go into labor naturally SOON!  

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I know I am going to sound like a nut job. But have you voiced out loud to the baby that it is time to come. I did this for two days before em was born. I don't know if it helped or not but it did make me really feel I was trying everything.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

Thank you, ladies! Did some nipple stimulation with the breast pump, now I'm gonna force DH to have sex with me, then the caster oil cocktail ... Don't think he'll agree to the sex after I drink that stuff, haha. I'll keep you posted! 

• Options

Here's a recipe from my board for called the "magic labor tea" a bunch of women have drank it and it has induced labor so it's worth a shot right?

"-3bags of the RRL tea - steeped for 15min in 3oz of water

-3oz of orange juice ( she used sunny d because that's what she had but any orange juice will work)

-2oz of gingerale

-1tablespoon castor oil.

You then shake it in a mixer and drink it while it's still fizzing. That's why I didn't know there was castor oil in it, the fizz masks the taste. Then follow it up with 3 20oz bottles of water. Apparantly the gingerale/orange juice mix protects the stomach from the castor oil and then add the potent RRL and that helps the contractions you feel be efficient. I did not at any time get diarrhea or feel sick. And the bottled water will keep you from getting sick she said." (Copy and pasted,  haven't personally tried it yet!)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    imagehmartinez0809:

That's a bummer. We talked to our Dr about going past 42 weeks. She said that as long as I was healthy and LO was healthy we can go over... I think it's dumb yours wont. :-(

I agree.  My first was born at 43 weeks and was perfect.  She just needed a little bit more time.

In the end they cannot force you into anything.  ::shrugs::

GL 

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• Options

imagedmhrn13:
    its not safe to go over 42 weeks, but its all good- you're going to have a healthy baby!

::rolls eyes::  Yeah right.  Your a MW. 

Lilypie - (ZESJ)Lilypie - (QAi1)

• Options
    kali55kali55 member
    I did acupuncture which has been shown in studies to help with induction.  But I think what really got things rolling was going out for extremely spicy Indian food.  I asked the server to give us a labor inducing dish and 24 hours later my water broke

BabyFruit Ticker
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    MSC03MSC03 member
    Would your doctor be willing to give you a slow induction--i.e. start a little pitocin and back off if contractions pick up on their own? Maybe all you'll need is a little kick-start to get labor going. It sounds like your cervix is just about ready to roll!
    imageimage
  • Options

We visited my MIL the day before I went into labor and my husband drove me around their woods on off roading golf carts. 

When my water broke (prior to timable labor) it was right after a lady almost hit me with her car in the super market parking lot.

So what I'm suggesting is a very bumpy ride and a solid fright.  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

How are you and baby doing?  If baby and fluid levels are okay, and the placenta looks alright, you should feel safe giving it a few extra days.  It's not as though your situation is no big deal at 41 weeks 6 days and then at midnight suddenly becomes an emergency situation because the calendar says 42 weeks.  I know you said they won't "let" you, but you do have a choice!

These other ladies have given you some good ideas. 

With my last pregnancy my water broke and after 16 hours contractions hadn't begun so the MW recommended castor oil, I took 2oz in a small milk shake, waited 2 or so hours and then took 2oz more.  It believe it really helped get things moving, and while I was going to the bathroom a lot with loose oily poo (sorry, tmi) I didn't experience the cramping some people worry about.  If I were you though, I would set an alarm for early morning and take it then, so if it does work you're not up all night going to the bathroom and then exhausted when labor really gets going.  

Good Luck!  Hope your baby makes an appearance soon :) 

Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
    Home Birthing-Breastfeeding-Cloth Diapering-Baby Wearing-CoSleeping-Delayed/Selective Vaccination Mama to Charlie (5yrs) and Madeline (21mos)
  • Options
    imagePansyPants:

So what I'm suggesting is a very bumpy ride and a solid fright.  

This made me laugh :D

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

Thanks, ladies! The castor oil did the trick ... That or the sex, nipple stimulation, spicy dinner, and many walks, haha.  I took the castor oil with OJ about 8:00 Tuesday night and was having pretty regular contractions by about 9:30. I was up all night laboring, we headed to the hospital at 8:00 yesterday morning, and Landon James was born at 12:37 pm :) 

We had some hiccups in the birth plan. I've had high blood pressure the last several weeks so they did more blood labs and diagnosed it as pre-e around 10:30 a.m. I was laboring in the tub at that point, which felt amazing. From that point, I was stuck in bed on my side -- not a good position for transition! Luckily, my labor progressed very quickly and I was still able to go med-free.  

• Options
    Congratulations!  So happy you were able to have a natural birth, and at least got to have a little laboring time in the tub.
    Baby Names - BabyNamey.com Name Badge Ticker
    Home Birthing-Breastfeeding-Cloth Diapering-Baby Wearing-CoSleeping-Delayed/Selective Vaccination Mama to Charlie (5yrs) and Madeline (21mos)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"