March 2012 Moms
Options

Night sweats?

Ok, this is officially the most personal question that I've asked on here! First a little background: I had a c-section with my first kid on March 2. Everything went more than fine and my recovery was a breeze. As is normal, they pump you full of fluids so I had a little swelling afterward but that was gone in a week. They warned me that between the fluids and hormonal changes, I could sweat a bit more for awhile, especially at night. Well, that definitely happened but kept right on going after I purged all the fluids.

When I went back for my 4 week checkup with my OB, I mentioned it to him and he said it was normal to have night sweats from the hormonal changes and, for some women, it could last up to 10 weeks. I'm now three months PP and I'm STILL sweating like crazy at night (and only at night). So much so that I soak the bed to the point that I can't sleep in it anymore so I start most nights in bed and finish on the floor or the spare bedroom depending on where the baby is sleeping. I was taking some medication that I thought might've been causing it so I took a break from it to see if it would help but no such luck.

Is anyone else still sweating like this? Or, if you've had kids before, did this happen? I have an appointment with my OB in a couple of weeks and I'm going to revisit it then but I wondered if anyone else was experiencing it and/or if there was anything you did that helped? I'm wayyyy sick of it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Night sweats?

• Options
    My friend's LO is 6mths and she still has them. Not every night but frequent enough to notice. She was BFing as of a month ago and just stopped. She hasn't gotten her period and her OB told her that her hormones will fluctuate until her menstrual cycle starts back regularly. Sorry...
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I'm not BF and I've already had 2 periods! I was so hoping that the period would get me back on track.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

Hi I have had the same problem, its got a little better over the weeks but still really uncomfortable. My Ob said it was not normal and they are checking my thyroid out, should get the results back on Friday.  Its frustrating that some doctors say its normal and some do not, you might want to ask them to check your thyroid to rule that issue out.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"