Baby Showers

Anonymous gift.

So I haven't had a shower yet, however I have received gifts. I am keeping a list of things so I can send thank you cards to them too. However, the other day my husband found a card someone had placed in his truck addressed to us with $50 inside of it but the card was left unsigned. I'm really worried that whoever left it didn't realize they didn't sign it and will think we are ungrateful! I don't really know what to do in this situation.
Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
BFP 08/14/13 EDD 04/18/14 Natural MC 08/19/13
BFP 10/15/13 EDD 06/24/2014 Natural MC 10/23/13
Recurrent Miscarriage Panel done 11/06/13. Results= All normal
BFP 12/2/13 EDD July 30, 2014
Beta 12/3/13: 19,261!
U/S 12/13/13 heart rate 143 bpm!

My Blog

Re: Anonymous gift.

• eav2ceav2c member
    Very strange. Almost seems like they wanted to be anonymous because they put it in his truck rather than hand delivering it. If you can try to narrow it down by where his truck was when the card was left (i.e work) that might help.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Ditto the others as far as narrowing down where his truck was when the card was left in it.  That might help.  Also if either of you are on facebook you could post that a really nice card and gift was left in the truck but not signed and see if anyone responds and lets you know it was them.  I don't know if some would find that tacky but it might be a way to find out.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • The truck was definitely at home. It wasn't there when he came home from work the day before and it was there before he went to work the next day. We did go out in my car so it could be that they came and we weren't home.The handwriting was definitely male. But I can't seem to figure out who would have that money, would give us such a sizable gift, and knows what kind of truck Wendell drives. We live in a duplex and my car was parked on the street so they wouldn't know which side we lived on.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    BFP 08/14/13 EDD 04/18/14 Natural MC 08/19/13
    BFP 10/15/13 EDD 06/24/2014 Natural MC 10/23/13
    Recurrent Miscarriage Panel done 11/06/13. Results= All normal
    BFP 12/2/13 EDD July 30, 2014
    Beta 12/3/13: 19,261!
    U/S 12/13/13 heart rate 143 bpm!

My Blog
  • This is totally fascinating! It is possible that it's someone who might not seem to have the money, but gives generous gifts for babies, weddings, etc. My guess is an eccentric uncle with soft spot for babies.

If it were me, I'd look at other cards (like Christmas cards) to see who matches the handwriting, or show the card to a relative and see if they recognize the writing.

So your second anonymous gift is a detective case! :)

• I'd let it be anonymous - just enjoy it! If you do figure it out and realize that they didn't mean to be anonymous, then thank them.  But I think they want it to be a secret.

And don't wait for your shower to send thank yous - do them now.  You'll be glad you did.

• KarmBKarmB member
    that happened to me for my wedding. I tried narrowing it down but couldnt so I jsut FBd the thanks "Thank you to the mysterious gift giver! The Blender is awesome"....I got a responce from them lol

• eav2ceav2c member
    Wel then, it founds like anonymous wanted to stay anonymous. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In my opinion the best gift for anyone that is for male or female on any occasion is Jewellery, and you can easily see the happiness and the expression which one have when there is some kind of jewelley in the gift and they can be in variety like in necklaces, engagement diamond rings, earings etc.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"