January 2011 Moms

climbing into high chair?

Is anyone's LO climbing into his/her own high chair? Does anyone know at what age this typically happens?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
DD1: born 1/19/11. DD2: born 10/10/13

Re: climbing into high chair?

• No, I guess the tray is always on, so she has never tried. She can climb on a regular chair, picnic table, couch, etc.. though. Anything and everything. I think she is a dare devil sometimes.

I did see a rather impressive video of Rosie's baby climbing into his stroller. He is good. dang good.

• I don't have a "climber" yet...he's only climbed into a small toy table that is not meant to be sat on or stood on...but that's it so far. That was just the other day so I'm sure more is to come (God help me!)
  • Loading the player...
  • I don't give him the chance to even try.  We keep it in another room and when it's time to get him I just put him right in.  However he has mastered climbing in and out of his stroller.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • RedZeeRedZee member
    DD has been climbing in and out of her stroller for a while (the City Mini isn't so high up). This past week she's started realizing that there are lots of other things she can climb on. The other day she climbed into the high chair at my parents' house and she's eying ours but the tray is always on. Our couch has reclining seats and DH left his side open so she used that to climb on the couch. Tonight we're moving the crib to the lowest setting 'cause we saw her looking for a foothold yesterday. I'm not ready for this yet.

• No, not climbing into the high chair.  It's on a chair so I think it's harder.  She climbs on everything else.  I told DH last night that I think she will soon try to climb out of her crib.

• The way our high chair is, I don't think it'd be humanly possible for her to climb into it. She does know how to stand up in it even with the tray on. I used to be able to leave her in there while cleaning up dinner, but now she stands up as soon as she gets bored.
  • RedZeeRedZee member

imageSweetHurricane:
    The way our high chair is, I don't think it'd be humanly possible for her to climb into it. She does know how to stand up in it even with the tray on. I used to be able to leave her in there while cleaning up dinner, but now she stands up as soon as she gets bored.

Oh no! This is really upsetting. Life without high chair time would be too awful. It's the only way I ever manage to eat. Doesn't your chair have straps?

• imageRedZee:

imageSweetHurricane:
    The way our high chair is, I don't think it'd be humanly possible for her to climb into it. She does know how to stand up in it even with the tray on. I used to be able to leave her in there while cleaning up dinner, but now she stands up as soon as she gets bored.

Oh no! This is really upsetting. Life without high chair time would be too awful. It's the only way I ever manage to eat. Doesn't your chair have straps?

I would pay someone 25 dollars to try and strap Whitney in.  She turns into an MMA fighter or something. She is a wild child.

• We took the straps off because she'd chew on them with food in her mouth and they'd get all skummy after like one day. I guess we could put them back on, but she'd probably be as amused by it as MarSam's LO is.
  • RedZeeRedZee member
    imageMarSamWhitney:
    imageRedZee:

imageSweetHurricane:

I would pay someone 25 dollars to try and strap Whitney in.  She turns into an MMA fighter or something. She is a wild child.

I had not considered the toddler opinion on the matter. DD can be nuts with certain things, but she doesn't seem to realize she can get out of things yet. I've only been clipping one strap on the chair lately. I'm glad your kids can't tell her about this.

• she is climbing all over everything! all the chairs, couches and all over DH and I! ha!

but the highchair is pretty tall for her to climb into and also has a tray on it 99% of the time.

Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"