Baby Showers
Options

Need sip and see advice

Also posted on 3-6 month board.

want to do a sip and see for this baby. I'm a professional event planner so I want to make it nice enough that I can add it to my portfolio. Here's my worries:

I would like to do it between 6-8 weeks after baby comes. I'm due October 18, doc won't let me go past the 25. So that timing puts me right in the Christmas timeframe, around December 1-8 for the party. 

My plan is to do as much as possible before the baby comes - even baking and freezing some of the desserts. But I know that it's impossible to do everything in advance, so some of the party-planning/decorating will have to occur after baby comes. I also have a toddler to take care of. Oy vey.

oh, and to top it off, I'm team green so I won't know baby's name ahead of time. I do want to go with a neutral theme (think Winter Woodland) but if it's a girl, I want to glam it up some.

So I guess I'm just looking for advice on how to manage it all, while healing and taking care of two kids.  

imageimage

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Need sip and see advice

• Options

You'll just have to be as organized as if you were planning someone else's event. 

That's a bad window - you'll have lots of conflicts, I fear.

I don't know of a good way to make a party "portfolio worthy" without a lot of work.  I'd go low key and offer to host a killer meet the baby party for someone else.

The alternative is to hire help - either to do the work or to watch your kids while you do, but I think you're causing yourself lots of stress.

• Options

Won't  most of the people who are interested in seeing your baby have already seen it before December?? 

imageimage
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imagejeffsjayme:

You'll just have to be as organized as if you were planning someone else's event. 

That's a bad window - you'll have lots of conflicts, I fear.

I don't know of a good way to make a party "portfolio worthy" without a lot of work.  I'd go low key and offer to host a killer meet the baby party for someone else.

The alternative is to hire help - either to do the work or to watch your kids while you do, but I think you're causing yourself lots of stress.

all excellent points that I have considered. I'm honestly leaning towards trying to plan it and then seeing how things go after baby comes - if I'm not up to it, so be it. 

imageimage

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Why not plan something simple and sweet to introduce your loved ones to your baby without the added pressure of trying to supe up your portfolio? You know it will come out more personal that way.
  • Options
    I'd aim for an earlier date to avoid holiday conflicts.  The holidays are a tough time and a lot of people are already overextended.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Options

I like this idea. I'd do it the weekend after Thanksgiving- that gives people time to get back from thanksgiving holiday travel but it's before the mad rush of holiday parties.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"