Single Parents

Paternity Test in Hospital

Hi ladies...I haven't posted in a while, hope everyone is stress free and healthy!

Quick question, my son's father isn't pitching in on anything until a DNA test is done.  I would like the test done as soon as the little monkey pops out, are these common in hospitals as soon as the baby is born? I guess I should call over and see but decided to post here first.  I live in MD if that makes any difference...

image BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Paternity Test in Hospital

• Start with your state Attorney General and ask which labs they use. Here, the results aren't accepted unless done by a lab of their choosing.
  • They can be done in the hospital. I would call your county court office and ask about how filing a paternity petition and DNA testing works. There might be fees associated with the test etc. Also, keep in mind that establishing paternity is a legal right over a child where custody & child support are each separate matters.
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you ladies! Off to google up a storm
    image BabyFruit Ticker
  • Hi! I'll need to do a paternity test in MD as well. Please share any information you have to share. I was just assuming that I would have it done at the hospital when the baby's born... 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageJusttee33:
    Hi! I'll need to do a paternity test in MD as well. Please share any information you have to share. I was just assuming that I would have it done at the hospital when the baby's born... 

you need to call your local hospital. I live in MD. and the hospital I delivered in doesn't do in-hospital paternity tests. you have to have them done through the courts, the child support office, or pay an insane amount at a private lab to have it done.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"