Preemies

Looking for HOPE!

Hi ladies! I don?t know if this is the right board for this, but I thought I would give it a try.  I am 22 weeks with Di/Di twins conceived via IVF. Last week Thursday at our MFM u/s we got the news that one of our twins is IUGR (in the 3rd percentile at the moment) with low amniotic fluid and a bright bladder.  The doctor gave us no good news at all, she actually already mentioned reduction. She had us do b/w for TORCH and downs. I don?t want to give up hope on our twin and was hoping to hear any positive stories with possible similar situations.  Thank you in advance!

Re: Looking for HOPE!

• Hi there - I just wanted to say I'll be praying for you. I'm not much help for this particular situation. Some other ladies might be and you can try the HR board, too...
  • Tons a hugs, thoughts, and prayers to you.  I have experience with IUGR, so I would be happy to answer questions about it.  Thinking of you!
    Born at 31w3d due to severe IUGR & Placental Insufficiency--2lbs 3ounces

We'll miss you sweet Debbie Girl (4.21.12) and sweet Cindy Girl (8.9.12)
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Loading the player...
  • I have experience with IUGR...not with multiples, though...

My LO was Diagnosed with IUGR at 20 weeks...stayed in/around the third percentile until he was a few months old...still is only around the 10th today at 10 months.  He was delivered early due to heart rate issues and the fact that he simply stopped growing all together and our doc deamed he would do better outside the womb.  He spent 26 days in the hospital as a grower/feeder.  Was 3.5 lbs/15 inches at birth at 34.4 weeks.  He is healthy now, just a little guy!

You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

BabyFruit Ticker image Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • I have di/di twins and my daughter was diagnosed IUGR around the same time as you, she also had absent end diastolic cord flow and I carried them until 27 weeks. They turned 8 weeks old on Friday. It has been a bumpy NICU journey and my daughter was very small when she was born (1lb 5oz- only 600 grams) but she is doing well and expected to go home around our due date. I don't know your specific situation but we were given the option to reduce or "let baby A go" and we decided to closely monitor (I was in the hospital on bedrest for a month prior to delivery) and delivered the twins when we HAD to..pray. follow your heart on decisions you make and know that no decision you make is the wrong one. If you want to read more about our journey I have a blog (www.judahandselah.com) I started it not long after we got the AEDF diagnosis. Positive thoughts and prayers for your family!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"