Single Parents

the first few days alone

How do you get thru the first few days/weeks.  We have a 7month old son so we see eachother everyday.  I cant help but cry everytime he comes over.  He moved the last of his things out this afternoon and all i could do was bawl my eyes out.  I cant eat or sleep and i just feel awful inside.  Ive gone through break ups before but never with a child involved.  This just seems like its never going to end. 

Re: the first few days alone

• 2bemum2bemum member
    I don't usually post on here but I just happened to be lurking tonight and wanted to say that I was where you are back in January.  My husband left when our son was just 2 1/2 months old and for the first month or so I cried most everyday.  I was constantly telling my son how sorry I was that he would not have the "normal" family.  At this point, he still stops in most everyday but, I now can see a lot of the good points of him being gone.  My son and I have a nice, peaceful home where we do what we want when we want without anyone else to answer to. Another nice thing is not having to pick up after him and deal with his moods.  So basically, just let the tears flow as much as you need to, talk to friends, and love on your little boy and I promise it will get easier with time!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • The first few weeks are always the hardest. Actually, the first few months are the hardest. I know that not exactly what you want to hear right now, but it is the truth. Your going to go through so many emotions at one time that you'll feel crazy at times.

Whatever you do, avoid talking to him when it isn't necessity. That will avoid you saying anything driven by crazy emotions. With my STBXH, I begged him to stay with me at times. I was the one that moved out, I knew we didn't belong together, and deep down inside I knew that I didn't want to be with him- I just didn't want to be alone. It was because I was overly emotional, had crazy pregnancy hormones, and was scared to be alone.

It will get easier, sometimes you'll take a few steps back at times but it will get easier. Hang in there and do what you need to do to stay strong for your little one. 

imageimage Visit The Nest! BabyFetus Ticker :.:.Dear baby boy, No one will ever know the strength of my love for you. After all, you're the only one who knows what my heart sounds like from the inside.:.:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"