December 2012 Moms

XP (FB) Is a fetal heart rate of 169-171 BPM something to worry about?

I just got my doppler today and found my baby's HB right away (exciting!),  He/she's fluxuating between 169 and 171 BPM.  From what I'm reading, baby's HR isn't supposed to be over 160.  Should I be concerned about tachycardia or is this actually a normal HR and other people with healthy babies have this?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: XP (FB) Is a fetal heart rate of 169-171 BPM something to worry about?

• When I had my u/s at 8 weeks it was 167bpm and when I had my 12 week appt it was 170bpm, it is very normal and they actually say a higher heart rate is supposed to indicate it is a girl.
  • When I got my ultrasound at 9 weeks, baby's HB was right at 180 and slowly lowered until about 12 weeks. Now it's about 165 or so. My doctor says it's normal. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I think it is normal.

I got my doppler yesterday and couldn't find the heartbeat.  :(  Where did you find it at?

Mama of 3 earth babies and 1 beautiful angel baby
  • I found it about 3 inches in from my right hip bone, maybe about an inch above my pubic bone.  The probe angled back toward my belly button.  There's an artery or something right next to the baby that pulses at 125 BPM so if I move the probe a bit I get a weird reading lol
  • imageBrittanyDoesDerby:
    When I got my ultrasound at 9 weeks, baby's HB was right at 180 and slowly lowered until about 12 weeks. Now it's about 165 or so. My doctor says it's normal. :)

This has been my experience, too. At my (approximately) 8 week appt it was 181. Then, 12 week appt it was 168 and at my NT scan it lowered to 155.  So, I think your experience is totally normal.

• This early, it's totally normal for baby's heartrate to be on the higher side.  At my appt on wed, baby's HR was 170 and my midwife said it was wonderful.
  • My experience has been at 8w5d HR was 178, and at 10w1d it was 166.  Both times I was told it was great.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • My babys heart rate at 9w 6d was at 175 BPM. Doctor said it was very good. He said when its this fast the baby is probably awake and moving around.

Also found this in a website: "The heart rate of your baby fluctuates as they grow and as they move. Heart rates start out slower, and then by 8-10 weeks run in the range of 170-200 BPM (beats per minute). "

IAmPregnant Ticker
  • I was told at my NT scan that a normal FHR was between 120-180. Fwiw, I was 12w6d when I got that stat. 

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • As others have said that is normal. It will slow down a bit in the next few weeks. At my ultrasound when I was 9w1d the heart rate was 177 and they said that was great.
    BFP#1 2/18/2011, EDD 10/18/2011, natural m/c 2/28/2011 @ 7 weeks
    BFP#2 5/28/2011, EDD 2/1/2012, chemical pg
    BFP#3 10/22/2011, EDD 6/30/2012, natural m/c 11/3/2011 @ 6 weeks
    BFP#4 4/16/2012, EDD 12/24/2012, Beta #1 23 @ 10dpo, Beta #2 68 @ 12dpo, Beta #3 370 @ 16dpo, Saw baby and heartbeat on 5/11/2012.

It's a boy!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageHopeNotLost:

I think it is normal.

I got my doppler yesterday and couldn't find the heartbeat.  :(  Where did you find it at?

Try going just above the pubic bone...my baby's heartbeat is found suuuuper low. Way lower than I would've thought...

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Absolutely not!!

DD's was 160-165; this one's was 160-170. My midwife told me that baby's heart rates are SO variable at this stage.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"