South Florida Babies
Options

charley horse

Hey Ladies,

I'm 24.5 weeks pregnant and have been experiencing horrible charley horses in the middle of the night. I walk about 1.5 miles 6 times a week and drink tons of water each day. Why is this happening??? Anything I can do to prevent it because they HURT!! :(

Thank you!

Meghan

Re: charley horse

• Options
    Totally normal. I used to get them every single night, sometimes multiple times. They hurt so much that they would sometimes start contractions. My OB said it was normal and to eat lots of bananas (for potassium) and water. 
    Camryn Grace ~ July 6th, 2009 ~ 7lbs 9oz, 20.5" Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    Brayden Richard Drew ~ December 20, 2010~7lbs 9oz, 20" Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    AlbahAlbah member
    Same thing would happen to me!! They are so painful! :( Great tip by PP. Also, just an observation....when I would feel one coming on, I would literally not move or contract my leg. The second I would contract my calf by moving my ankle, the cramp would escalate and become unbearable. So what I would is not move the leg and would then use my other foot to gently massage the affected calf. After a couple of minutes, it helped relax the calf and even though the calf was still a little sore for a bit, there was no pain and the cramp would resolve much more quickly. Hope they get better!! 
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers image
    BFP #3: 01/28/12, EDD: 09/23/12, MMC (BO), D&C 2/16/12 at 6.5 wks
    BFP #4: 05/23/12, EDD: 01/31/12, Early MC at 5 wks

RPL Workup: + LPD (7DPO Prog = 7.8, Endometrial Bx = out of phase)
    Elevated Alpha 2-glycoprotein IgA and antiphosphatidylserine IgM -->
    Hematologist said not to worry and no need for treatment!

Dx: LPD
    Cycle #1(08/2012): Clomid 50 mg CD3-7, Ovidrel CD13 + Progesterone = It worked!
    BFP #5 on 09/10/12 (11 DPO). HCG #1 @ 14DPO = 131.6 HCG #2 @ 16DPO = 509
    EDD: 05/23/2013 Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    22 weeks and I have the SAME discomfort....... "(
  • Options
    MegK11MegK11 member
    Thank you, ladies. One of the joys of pregnancy ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"