Dads & Dads-to-be

PSA: Daddy Board

So I wrote something in another post but it looks like we have experienced our first dirty delete.

Currently there are 2 threads regarding gifts to get husbands/significant others (there was 3) and a few others started by women.  I just wanted to share my opinion on what is happening.

This board just started and the guys haven't really had an opportunity to gain traction and figure out what is going on.  Having all the other posts come in from women already established on the site is like getting an awesome new gift you really wanted and everyone else getting to use it before you even touch it.  I don't think a question every now and again is out of line and once the board is a little bit more robust with male posters it will be less of an impact.  I didn't come here to be the focal point of questions from every woman on every other board on this site, I specifically came to be a part of a community of men that are excited about being a father or going to be a father.  If I come to the daddy board and all that I see is an interrogation going on I probably won't come a whole lot anymore.

An idea I had in the other thread was to get in private contact with one of the guys and let them start the thread.  It may be sneaky but it will give us a sense of ownership of what is going on. 

Thanks.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: PSA: Daddy Board

• Hey man, all I said was 'welcome'! Then I went back to mah womunnn boards.
  • ah ok got it. Will back off. Truly sorry this time! If you don't get what I mean by this time then the "truly sorry this time" probably doesn't make sense.

There was a post where I was kidding around saying women eventually take over everything and that I was sorry but not really. This time actually sorry!  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • No worries.  I have a policy that I let people know my expectations straight forward.  I'm not mad at all.
  • I agree stayathomedad. Women need to STAY AWAY and leave these men alone!! This is not your board. I hope you men get some peace from the crazies. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Seriously, Bro, this is a public message board...people are gonna post where they are gonna post, regardless of what the board is called. If you are looking for something that exclusive maybe you should start a private board and only let other daddy's in. Just saying....
  • BTBCWMBTBCWM member
    I agree with OP.  There are hundreds of other boards on here, and this one is supposed to be for the dads.  If your wife/girlfriend can't even leave you alone on this board, it's a sign that divorce is needed.  The level of suffocation that they can't even leave the dads alone on the DADS TO BE board is pretty bad.
  • imageChrissyJ2480:
    Seriously, Bro, this is a public message board...people are gonna post where they are gonna post, regardless of what the board is called. If you are looking for something that exclusive maybe you should start a private board and only let other daddy's in. Just saying....

You missed one of the most important points.  This forum just was started.  The ladies will be very welcome here but a little bit of time should be given to let the guys get going.  There are thousands of women on this site to every 1 guy.  If the ratio was reversed would you be on this site?

• nic326nic326 member
    Oh FFS, get over yourself. Youve got a long road ahead of you here
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagenic326:
    Oh FFS, get over yourself. Youve got a long road ahead of you here
    This. News boards get started all the time. No one gets to decide who "really" belongs. You should try branching out to the other boards. They aren't just for women.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • I've seen quite a few men post on our "women" boards and have always been welcomed with open arms. I get what you are saying though--threads started by women just to try to get in guys' heads can get annoying. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I know that before this board was started I signed up at The Bump and would ocassionally post questions on those boards.  For the most part the ladies were welcoming and nice, but a few were real...well......

And some of those few, who bitched and moaned about me STALKING on those pages, are now coming over here......talk about balls!!!

Typical......

I know I am happy that we have a place for us men now, where we can act like the men we are. I have no problem with women coming on here and offering their inputs.  I do have a problem with women coming on here and trying to act like my wife, or mother, and try to show us what we are doing wrong.  Those are the women that Pink Floyd's "Another Brick in the Wall" was talking about in the very beginning of that song....the knid of wife who ffels it her duty to break every man down that she comes in contact with.

I have no doubt we can take care of those ladies wehn the creep around here, lurking....feeling like they own the place.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • imagebeccaga16:

If I fill both the mommy and daddy role in my child's life can I post here? I can cross dress to make you more comfortable...

that's hot.
  • imagebeccaga16:
    imageLILBIT1221:
    imagebeccaga16:

If I fill both the mommy and daddy role in my child's life can I post here? I can cross dress to make you more comfortable...

that's hot.

Thanks, but I was only half joking. I may need to ask advice from these dudes someday.

Becca!  Where have you been?  We miss you on BOTB.
    Baby boy H is here! Born 2/1/2014 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Mysterious_wife: "And for the love of all things that sparkle, remove your last name" on BOTB.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"