January 2012 Moms

big changes afoot - what's new with you all?

In the last few weeks so much has changed for us.  I have picked up a bunch more hours at work, and hired a nanny to care for LO while I'm working.  I'm working from home so I still get to nurse on demand and pop out to visit with LO whenever I want, but then I get to go back into my office and think really hard about stuff and talk to other adults.  It is the perfect situation for me. I'm a much happier mommy. 

We also did our first big road trip, which was a lot more daunting for me than the plane trip we did at 2 months.  We did 2 cities in 7 days and several long drives with LO.  I learned that driving at night, when LO sleeps for longer stretches, is a lot easier than during the day. 

And we transitioned LO from our bed (a king sized mattress on the floor) to a crib mattress sidecarred next to our mattress.  Nursing is more of a hassle than when he was in bed with us, but I'm sleeping so much better between sessions.  So I'm much better rested too. 

So that's all the news from Lake Where'smywinegone.   What's new with you?

image"">image"">imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: big changes afoot - what's new with you all?

• Not too much is new yet with us.  B is still sleeping in the swing in his room but last week the swing stopped working.  Heads up for anyone that owns the FP Snugabunny swing I guess there is a known issue with the motor and it burns out.  The motor is on back order and we will be getting a new one sometime in the next 2-3 weeks (so we hope). 

The good news is I start my new job on the 11th.  This is a huge relief for us as I was the breadwinner for the family.  Once I start the job we will petition CA for adoption finalization.  Hopefully our court date will be in July or early August.  I can't wait for B to be our FOREVER!!!

Brenda & Phillip married 10/10/09 

After 6 years of failed cycles, we were blessed with our little man through adoption. 
    B born 1/3/2012. Adoption finalized 12/27/12

Back  on the IF crazy train...
    Sept 2013 - IVF #1 -  BFP, EDD 6/4/14, born 6/8/14
    Everyone welcome

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"