Pittsburgh Babies
Options

FTM due next month delivering at West Penn

Hello everyone!  FTM here wondering if anyone has recently delivered at West Penn?  Just curious as to what we can expect.  Any advice is appreciated!Smile 

Re: FTM due next month delivering at West Penn

• Options
    I delivered there last january and everything was great. The nursing staff were all so helpful and friendly. The doctors were great too. It is a teaching hospital so you may see a student or 2. I had one during delivery and I didn`t have one complaint. Good Luck!
  • Options
    Glad to hear.  Thanks so much for sharing!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I delivered there in April and had no problems. The L&D nurses were great as well as the nurses I had during my stay.  Congrats and good luck!!
  • Options
    Great - thanks!  And congrats to you, too!  Smile
  • Options

Hospital Tours are free. You should schedule one so you know where to check in, what the rooms look like and the standard policies, etc. 

Also, if you can squeeze one in, a good childbirth prep class will help you to know what to expect for a hospital birth.  

Best,

-Deena https://www.shininglightprenatal.com/ 

• Options

We had our twins there in January and for the most part, liked it there. The staff was very helpful and the recovery area was nice. The only part that was hard, was when the babies were moved to the Pediatrics floor after I was discharged. We could've went home to sleep, but of course we didn't want to leave them, so we were stuck sleeping on chairs, rather than a bed or couch. It was difficult after having a C-section, and would've been nice if that floor was a little more accommodating for parents, but again, it was totally our choice. Just a head's up should you have to stay additional time after discharge. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"