May 2012 Moms
Options

Long overdue birth story! PIP

I went in Monday 5/7 to have my weekly NST test & amniotic fluid levels checked out.  Unfortunately my fluid was down to only a 3.3...so they said it's "go time" and I needed to be induced.  At that point I was already at 41 weeks anyway.  They inserted a "Foley balloon" to help ripen my cervix.

DH left work & I raced home to feed the cats & grab my hospital bag.  DH drove me to the hospital and we checked in around 5pm.  They hooked me up to an external Fetal Monitoring Belt to make sure LO was still thriving in there.  It was a restless night for all of us!

Tuesday at 8am they started Pitocin and broke my water.  I was still only dilated 3 centimeters and LO was at -3 station.  I labored naturally for as long as I could. The Pitocin contractions are no joke!  They were coming every minute for awhile and after 6 hours of Pitocin contractions at 2pm I gave in and got an Epidural.  LO wasn't handling the Pitocin very well and his heart plummeted a couple times.

My doctor checked me around 6pm and I was only dilated 4 centimeters, and baby still hadn't dropped.  She said it felt like he was developing a cone head trying to fit though my pelvis & she worried his head was too big or my pelvis was too narrow or a little of both was preventing him from descending into the birth canal.  She said she didn't think I was going to be able to have a vaginal birth.  DH & I discussed our options & decided opting for a C-section was our safest bet at that point! 

After a few tears because I couldn't have the vaginal birth I had planned, they wheeled me into the operating room.  It was the best decision we could have made!  When the Dr. pulled him out sure enough, he had the biggest cone head she'd ever seen from trying to jam his head through my small pelvis.  Poor thing was trying so hard to come out & join us!  She said there was no way he would have fit through so we're glad we opted for the C when we did.

Braydon Alexander was born 5/8 at 8:05pm weighing in at 6lbs. 15 ozs and measuring 20.5 inches long.  We are so in love!  (Sorry the pics are huge I'm not sure how to resize them)

image image

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Long overdue birth story! PIP

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"