June 2011 Moms

Clogged duct tips?

I made it so long with no major issues and now I gave a clogged duct. Tried a hot shower, extra pumping since dd is sleeping, and a heating pad. Any other tips? Tia!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Clogged duct tips?

• awisernawisern member
    It's weird and awkward (especially if anyone is home), but it worked the last time I couldn't get a clog out.  Have LO on the floor and you above on hands/knees and nurse that way...it's quite awkward, but gravity sure does help!

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Thank you! Just tried that with pump
  • Loading the player...
  • Thank you! Just tried that with pumping. I am considering waking dd up to try it with her. I am so tired and want to go to bed but I feel like i need to work this out the best I can first! How long did it take yours to unclog? I have been workin on it for about five hours.
  • Warm compress and massage... and get some rest, especially if your LO is sleeping! 
  • What the others said, plus when you do nurse her, point her nose toward the clog. 

Do you have a bleb on your nipple too?  I always get one when I have a clog (I actually have a clog and a bleb right now) and if I pick the bleb off the clog almost immediately goes away the next time N nurses.  I find it easiest to pick the bleb off in the shower when it's softened.

• No bleb. Just a rock hard lump on the outside. How long did it take you all to unclog yours?
  • imageLolo4283:
    No bleb. Just a rock hard lump on the outside. How long did it take you all to unclog yours?

Sometimes mine go away same day and sometimes they take 2-3 days.  My current one appeared yesterday afternoon and I still have it.  I forgot to pick the bleb off today in the shower though.  I'm hoping it will be gone tomorrow.

• Ugh...hopefully it does not last three days! Thanks for the tips ladies. I actually hope dd does not sleep through the night so I can nurse her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"