Babies: 6 - 9 Months
Options

Fathers day

So I have a few thoughts for DH but could use some inspiration. What are you getting DH or SO for fathers day?

Re: Fathers day

• Options
    An I make Good Babies tshirt and a guitar pick with LOs name and birthdate attached to a key chain w/ a case.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    vaoharavaohara member
    imageSchwiingybaby:
    An I make Good Babies tshirt and a guitar pick with LOs name and birthdate attached to a key chain w/ a case.
    Adorable idea for the music lovers!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

During DS2's 6 month photo session, I staged a picture of him holding/eating big foam letters that spell out D-A-D. I then got it blown up and framed for his office. Can't wait to give it to him!

• Options
    Last year we got my H one of those photo books from Shutterfly. It was all about the two of them (H and DS1). It was an unexpected hit!  It wasn't even his main gift, but it should have been.  He treasures it.  We were camping with other people when we gave it to him and all of the Dads (and Moms) just kept saying how awesome it was. So, we are getting him the same thing again...lol.  Only this time, DS2 is here. I plan on doing it every year b/c it's a great (and easy for mom) tradition.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

Go Phils!!
  • Options
    caffrincaffrin member

I got him a new golf glove. And I also did the D-A-D picture idea!

Lilypie - (2Lt7)      Lilypie - (WFOL)

Jonah Stephen born at 39w on 11/3/2011                Naomi Isabel born at 37w 5d on 5/27/2013
  • Options
    Ms5586Ms5586 member

I'm doing the D-A-D photos, but not framing them. I'm going to let J finger paint on a canvas, then modge podge the photos to it, and stamp his hands in the corners.

I'm also going to try and get him a matching embroidered shirt/onesie for him and J with his business logo on it.  He just started the business, and I think he'd really like that.

• Options
    I'm stuck about the gift ideas. I'd like to do something sentimental like the photos but DH works outside so there's really no where for him to display it.  I do think it should be father/baby related, not just a generic gift, so it's harder to find something.  Plus thinking about it reminds me I was forgotten on mother's day which still irks me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Got him a watch case, one of his favorite movies on DVD, a Phillies shirt and this Sunday is Father's Appreciation Day at the Phillies ballpark...he doesn't know it yet, but I got us tickets and it'll be a surprise on Sunday. It'll also be LO's first Phillies game :) I'll get a nice pic there and frame that for him, and lastly I want to get a kit to put baby's handprint in a stone for outside b/c Dad does all the yardwork. I know it's a lot but for his first one I'll go big. After this it'll be a lot more tame.

• Options
    Mommy165Mommy165 member
    edited June 2014
    SPAM

I do love the D-A-D photos!

• Options
    DH is getting a gift certificate for a clothing place he likes, cigars, and a cd.
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    A dogtag keychain with the kids names on it and a home brew starter kit because he wants to start brewing his own beer!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I ordered(last night) a photo book that is all about LO and DH. DH loves pictures, so thought that it was something he would appreciate. Also, our photographer just posted that she is doing a father's day mini-session next weekend. We LOVE her photos, and it is another good excuse to get some good pics of LO.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

DH likes to golf and he's started traveling for his job, so he's mentioned wanting a Sunday bag, which is a smaller golf bag for just a couple of clubs that's perfect for traveling.  That's what DD is giving him :)

• Options
    A box of cigars and a bj.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Thank you for the giggle--I needed that more than you could ever know today!

Oh, and at my house: just the cigars, please. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"