TTC After a Loss

Getting Back at It

I suffered my first mc on April 15th and was told by my doctor to wait one cycle before trying again. I felt ready to try soon after (everything was natural and I healed well), so it was a long wait for good ol' AF to come back. She finally arrived this week and I don't think I've ever been happier to see her!!

I'm eager to start trying again, but I'm also a little scared and nervous. What have you ladies done to not get too stressed while TTC? :)

Re: Getting Back at It

• DaisyZHDaisyZH member

I'm glad that AF is back in town!  It's normal to be scared and nervous, TTCAL is a scary thing!  I don't have any good advice about not getting too stressed because I stress out a lot too.  I guess just try and keep busy and try not to obsess - incredibly hard I know, because I definately can't follow my own advice.

Good luck to you, and I'm sorry for your loss.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker}

• Good luck to you! My AF showed up yesterday for the first time after my m/c, so I'm ready to start trying again, too.

As far as not getting stressed out ... well, I haven't figured that out yet. :) My plan for this month is to just find lots of things to distract myself with. I have several book club meetups that I'm going to, some get togethers with friends, and a vacation planned for the middle of June. If I have other things to think about, then I won't spend too much time analyzing my cycle.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Welcome and I am sorry for your loss. I stress too much. Take time to do somethings for yourself. Many of the girls here blog about TTC and that got me started blogging. I find it is a nice outlet even if no one really reads it! I can vent on bad days and cheer on good days. So perhaps that is an option to try!
    May PAL Siggy Challenge - Mom Humor
    TTC Since June 2009 
    BFP #1 - 1/15/12, EDD 9/21/12, Missed M/C - 2/10/12 - I miss you Sapphire!

BFP #2 - 7/1/12 - Met my lucky charm Alexandra on 3-16-13!!!

image image image 
    AL always welcome! 

• Thanks ladies!! It's so nice to know you're not alone. :)

I think keeping busy is the key too. I've learned that there's no need to stress, so I'm keeping myself distracted. I'm a teacher, so June is a pretty busy month. Let's hope the distraction and busy schedule helps in some way!

• Glad to hear that you got your period again!  I am not a good one to ask about keeping the stress down.  I have been at this a while and it has really been getting to me.

I try my best to keep up hobbies.  I have been reading as well lately.  I hope that keeps my focus off TTC! 

Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • imageMcTeachy:

I suffered my first mc on April 15th and was told by my doctor to wait one cycle before trying again. I felt ready to try soon after (everything was natural and I healed well), so it was a long wait for good ol' AF to come back. She finally arrived this week and I don't think I've ever been happier to see her!!

I'm eager to start trying again, but I'm also a little scared and nervous. What have you ladies done to not get too stressed while TTC? :)

I'm so sorry you find yourself here, but welcome.

I'm glad AF arrived and you can TTC! As far as not stressing goes, I'm with most PPs in that I still haven't figured that one out yet. :) 

It was a rough road, but Arlo Daniel was born April 1, 2013—and our second rainbow is due October 12, 2014.
  • I am so sorry for your loss, but I am glad to hear that AF is back!  As for what to do to not get stressed....not a clue, like many other PPs I suffer with that too.  Definitely try to stay busy and involved in other things, especially during the 2ww.  I would advise to keep HPTs out of the house during the 2ww, don't even have them in the house untill at least 10dpo, after a MC the urge to POAS gets even stronger and you'll drive yourself nuts and waste money if you start doing that too early.  Good luck to you and your husband, and I hope your stay on the board is short and sweet.

BFP #1 on 11/28/2011 Miscarriage on 12/28/2011; BFP #2 on 1/27/2012; Natural Miscarriage at 10 weeks on 3/10/2012; BFP #3 on 5/10/2012; Miscarriage on 5/24/2012; BFP #4 on 11/20/2012 due 7/28/2013---Miscarriage 12/21/2012
    Genevieve Rose died at 37 days old, meningitis Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers BabyFetus Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Yay for AF's arrival and continuing on your TTCAL journey!  I wish you all the luck! :)

I can't say what de-stresses me, because I'm a giant ball of emotions when it comes to this topic, but definitely diving into work has kept me distracted from my loss and the stress of TTC.  Thank goodness as teachers, we always have something to do! :)

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
    BFP#1 - 11/13/11, Natural MC - 12/24/11 at 12 weeks
    BFP#2 - 10/2/12, Please be our rainbow.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've started taking dance classes - it's fun, it forces me to workout and practice at home, and it helps distract me. I also have made a habit of getting a pedicure early in my 2ww. I find the process relaxing and then I remind myself every time that I look at my pretty toes (often in stirrups at the RE ;) ) that everything will be okay and I have to be patient.
    imageimage After 2 years of trying with PCOS, 7 rounds of Clomid/Femara, and 2 early miscarriages, we finally found success. :) Due on April 24, 2013! Beta 1 (16 dpo): 477, Beta 2 (19 dpo): 1568, Beta 3 (21 dpo): 3560 Aug 24 - 5w ultrasound - 1 8mm gestational sac Aug 31 - 6w ultrasound - 1 empty 15 mm gestational sac - possible blighted ovum - Beta 41,716 Sept 7 - 7w ultrasound - 2 sacs, heart beats, and fetal poles - TWINS!! Baby A measuring 6w4d, Baby B measuring 6w6d BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm glad AF arrived and you're able to start moving forward.  As for not getting stressed, i'm with the others that i'm a bit obsessive about TTC now, especially since i've been having difficulty getting pregnant again.  If i do get pregnant, i will be a freaking basket case the entire 9 months.  However, i'm trying to do things to keep busy, and especially trying to enjoy things that i won't be able to do if i get pregnant.  For instance, i started working out 4 x a week, i'm trying to appreciate drinking my wine while i still can, i got a bike and am enjoying summer bike rides.... I'm just trying to enjoy life and what i can do, and trying to get away from the feelings of failure and loss. 

• YAY for CD1!! Sorry for your loss, but welcome to the board!  I hope your stay here is short and sweet!

I stress about everything.  All the time.  LOL, but one thing that I have been really trying to focus on (we are still TTA right now, but getting in the practice for when we get the green light) is to not concentrate too much on only having sex during the FW.  It makes sex way more fun when you aren't just having it to TTC.

Just my 2 cents!

((hugs))

TTC #1 since November 2011
    ** BFP #1 - M/C at 6 weeks 4/13/2012 **
    ** BFP #2 - expecting a little leprechaun!! EDD 3/21/13 | HB 7/30/2012 (6w3d) **
    NT Scan 9/4 - looked great! | Grow, baby, grow!!! | A/S 10/29

***All AL always welcome***
  • Thanks again Ladies! You've made me feel so positive and motivated--and I really love that pedicure idea!! I'm in dire need anyway!! :)

I'm also thinking about taking up yoga again (I stopped because we moved to a new town 4 hours away and the new teaching job and transition to a new town, plus TTC, then the miscarriage really left me exhausted). I always feel so much better about myself, life and my body, so that's the plan... and reading! :)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"