Nurseries and Baby Gear
Options

Recommendations For Infant Car Seat

The top 2 on safety ratings for this year are Chicco keyfit & Graco snugride.  

I really like Graco Snugride 30 but some of the reviews are saying the babies grow out of it before they are 30lbs. 

Chicco is heavier than the graco which makes a big difference when you add the baby. 

I have tried each because 2 of my friends have them but wondering if anyone has had any experience with baby growing out of them.

Sooo many choices driving me crazy!! Please I will take any recommendations advice  

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Recommendations For Infant Car Seat

• Options

I just asked about the graco smart seat... It is 5-100 lbs. 

5-40 rear facing

-65 forward facing

And -100 as a booster.

oa1
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

? Voted Cool Cat ~ 2012 Sweetpea Mom Awards ?

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    imagevnstacie:

I just asked about the graco smart seat... It is 5-100 lbs. 

5-40 rear facing

-65 forward facing

And -100 as a booster.

This is not an infant seat though.  It stays in the car.

I have a Graco Snugride35 and love it. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Emily 8.8.08
    Madeline 1.2.11
    William 8.5.12
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    The "list" is somewhat bogus. The seats can change nothing from year to year, yet the list could change. Makes me wonder if someone is wining and dining someone. I personally think the Graco is on the list because it's not super expensive and gets the job done, however if you were to go into a store and look at how the padding is on it, you'd likely veer away from it. I would pick a Chicco Keyfit or a Cybex Aton. Those are my picks for safety and comfort of you and your child. As far as look, I think the Aton wins but that's just personal preference and not something to decide based on.
  • Options

lol point of reference, my 3 year old is not 30 lbs!  She had the safeseat with a 22 lb limit and is not 28 lbs or so.  You know your baby will never reach the weight limit, and would you ever want to carry a 30 lb child in an infant seat anyway?

For the twins we are using her graco safeseat and a graco 30 

Picture3-3.jpg

Our Twin Baby + a Big Girl Blog

And with the delivery trifecra of one twin vaginal, one c-section with general anesthesia for twin B, Spencer and Sidney joined us at 35 weeks exactly on June 18.

• Options
    If safety is a priority from my understanding Chicco have the most stringent safety tests as they are tested to American and European ratings which tend to be harsher than American. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    JustHyrJustHyr member
    We're using the Britax B-Safe.  
    BFP on 1/27/11 - EDD 10/7/11 - M/C on 2/21/11 @ 7w3d
    BFP on 11/3/11 - EDD 07/6/12 - DD born 6/27/12 via c-section 
    BFP on 1/31/15 - EDD 10/9/15 -- Beta #1 @ 17dpo: 394, Beta #2 @ 20dpo: 1604 (35 hour doubling time!), Beta #3 @ 24dpo: 5287
    1st ultrasound 2/19 6w6d - strong heartbeat and measuring perfectly!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

Totally up to yo u- I will tell you all the seats on the US market must meet the same requirements and thus are all the same amount of safe.  All ratings normally speak to 'ease of use' instead of true safety.  I've heard this from multiple techs.

As mentioned - most people move their baby out of the infant seat before the full use of the seat - partly as it gets super heavy - partly because they get tired of the room they take up - and partly well because everyone seems to want to move up :)

We are using the onboard air 35 - I bought it originally for a g/f (baby is now 8 months and HUGE and only used the seat for 5 months - however he would still fit in it right now) we chose this seat for her (and for us) because it is one of the tallest shells so it will be one of the ones that last the longest if needed or wanted.  It also is one of the thinnest seats and as this is her third we wanted a seat that would fit three across.  I'm using it mostly because I love it and its free to me :)

I know LOTS of people that love their gracos.  THe chico is one of the smallest foot print seat and gets lot of rave reviews as well :)

My suggestion?  go look at one - also - look at what car you have and ask here, car-seat.org or carseat for littles (on fb) to see compatability. 

• Options
    We have loved our Chicco. There is no way you will still be using your infant seat at 30lbs. We are getting ready to transition lo to her convertible seat because she can't stand her infant seat. 
  • Options
    Your LO will want to be moved by 9 mos bc the infant seat is very reclined and blocks their view. They love the upgrade to the convertible so don't worry about a kid reaching 30lbs in it. I wouldn't worry about the weight either, I am extremely tiny and I lugged around my daughter in her infant AND convertible (we have a removable convertible) seats!
  • Options
    Have you thought about the Maxi Cosi? It's a great car seat and very light. We have the Chicco but it is heavy and if I had to do it all over I'd opt for the Maxi Cosi. 
    Munchkin born 11/22/11
    Pipsqueak born 6/9/14

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

I don't think you can go wrong with either one. They are both pretty easy to install. We have a Graco SafeSeat (I think the prior posted in confusing the SS with a Snugride, because the SafeSeat goes to 30lbs and 32") and we loved it. My DD wouldn't have outgrown the SS until she was 2, but my DS outgrew it at 15 months. It expires this year, and we will choose between the Snugride 30 and Keyfit 30 next time, because we will need a 3 across situation.

They are both really great seats.

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    I'm looking at the britax b safe.. Highly recommended.. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"