Baby Names
Options

How do you feel about Annabeth?

Is it just a smooshed name in your opinion?  I'm having a really hard time naming dd2 so I'm trying to give it more meaning.  My Grandmas name is Anne and she calls my Mom, Mary Beth (middle name is Elizabeth).  Do you think Annabeth is too made up?  Too matchy with dd1 who is Rosemary (as in is it weird that they both have technically two names in their first name?  

What if her name was Anne Elizabeth and I just called her Annabeth?  I don't like this as much, but it's a thought.

Thoughts? Thanks! 

eta - How do you see it aging on a woman?  Would it be too cutesy to have as an adult name? 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: How do you feel about Annabeth?

• Options
    I think it is fine and flows well with Rosemary.
  • Options
    It's a bit of a smoosh name to me, and I don't love it. But I like the idea of using Anne Elizabeth (very pretty), and calling her Annabeth (cute and acceptable nn).
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I like it. Refreshing change from Annabelle, which I've been hearing a lot lately.
  • Options

imageSawyerplus1:
    It's a bit of a smoosh name to me, and I don't love it. But I like the idea of using Anne Elizabeth (very pretty), and calling her Annabeth (cute and acceptable nn).

I agree. I think it will age fine, especially since it leaves her with options.

Our sweet girl is 3!

Lilypie - (R7Ux)

• Options
    I love Annabeth and was going to use that for a girl until a close relative used Annabelle... too close in my opinion.  But its a classic name that is very pretty and rarely used!  Also flows well with sib.  Good luck!
  • Options

If you are going to call her annabeth name her annabeth.

i do not know if it is a smoosh name but i do know a 40 year old woman with that name.

i like it

• Options
    I think Annabeth is fine but I prefer Anna Elizabeth and calling her Anna Beth or simply naming her Anna Beth.

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• Options
    jms1019jms1019 member

imagechibride4:
    I like it. Refreshing change from Annabelle, which I've been hearing a lot lately.

This. I think it's a great name.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I love the name Annabeth.  I don't think it's smooshed at all, and it fits perfectly with Rosemary.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Options
    I think it is beautiful.
    Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body. ~ Elizabeth Stone
    "Don't marry a man unless you would be PROUD to have a son exactly like him." ~ Unknown
  • Options
    Anna Beth is my name (first and middle). I prefer it that way, Ive gotten a lot of compliments on it. I go by Anna/ Annie most of the time.
    Dx PCOS 09/12
    Married my best friend 10/12/12
    TTC 1 since 10/12
    NTNP Fall 2013 to focus on a healthier lifestyle
    Anniversary

• Options

I think of the West Wing character, played by Kristin Chenoweth.  I really loved the character, the name and the actress!

Anyway, I think it's great with Rosemary but Anne Elizabeth called Annabeth is cute too!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    ZimgerZimger member
    I think it goes great with Rosemary and it ages well also. She could also go by anna or beth if she'd like.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imageSawyerplus1:

This. I much prefer Anne Elizabeth. It also gives her more options as she ages. Rosemary and Anne make a beautiful sibset!

• Options

Looks like I'm in the minority here, but I don't much care for it. It just feels smooshy to me.

I do like Bethany though, and it sort of has both "Anne" and "Beth" in it so it could still work to honor your mother and grandmother.

If you really like Annabeth though, I would go with Anne Elizabeth because I think Rosemary and Anne are nice together.

• Options
    I personally don't care for it.  I prefer Annabelle, but I like the meaning behind it.
    Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    I like it.

Rylan 1/27/2011, 2:42 pm, 5lbs 12oz, 18.5 inches long
     Ayla 10/02/2013, 10:14 am, 6lbs 14oz, 19.25 inches long
    Missed Miscarriage 6w3d 3/02/2010
    I'll hold you in my heart until I hold you in heaven

Lilypie First Birthday tickersLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

• Options
    I like it, and before I read your whole post, I thought of the name Rosemary!!!  I think it goes great together.  I would have never ever thought it was smoosh.
  • Options
    MrsRKJMrsRKJ member
    Like!!
    Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

TTA until 2014

• Options
    I like it. It makes me think of actress Annabeth Gish (not a bad thing)
    The waste in life lies in the love we have not given, the powers we have not used and the selfish prudence that will risk nothing; and which shirking pain, misses happiness as well. Mary Cholmondeley
  • Options
    I love it! Anna Elizabeth is high on our list and we plan the nn Anna Beth :)

• Options

I love Anna Elizabeth, and Anna Beth is a cute nickname.  Annabeth though... I can't get behind that one.

DS 11.24.11
    MMC 3.30.16
  • Options
    I really prefer Annabelle, but Annabeth is nice, NMS though.  I agree on Anna Elizabeth, then DD can dictate what she would like to go by in adulthood. 
    Chemical Pregnancy 5.2011. BFP 9.2011 MC @ 8.5w D&C 11.4.2011 sweet pea is always in our hearts. BFP 3.23.2012! Our baby turkey is due 11.22.2012! Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

imagegraciesmurf:
    I love the name Annabeth.  I don't think it's smooshed at all, and it fits perfectly with Rosemary.

this 

lolololo
  • Options
    ta78ta78 member
    I like it.

Q :  06.25.10
    W : 01.11.13

#3 : due 11.02.15

• Options

imagebeaureve:
    I like it. It makes me think of actress Annabeth Gish (not a bad thing)

Ditto.  Also Annabeth from the Percy Jackson books (yeah, I'm kind of obsessed with YA books).

I like it, and I think it goes great with Rosemary. 

Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options
    Is NMS but I think it is ok, ages well and flows fine with Rosemary

Lilypie Third Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers Anniversary
  • Options
    imageTink112011:

I love Anna Elizabeth, and Anna Beth is a cute nickname.  Annabeth though... I can't get behind that one.

I much prefer it as a nickname for Anna Elizabeth. That's beautiful.

P - 9/2008
    A - 8/2010
    L - 1/2013
    S - 3/2015
  • Options
    Have you considered Annelise? I love it lots.
  • Options
    I think it's really cute. I had a teacher named Beth Anne and I thought that was cute too.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Thanks for the input ladies!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"