2nd Trimester
Options

Do Maternity Support Belts Work?

Anyone every try the Maternity Belt Like what is pictured below? Does it help and can you wear it under your clothes so you don't look like a freak? I am bigger and more sore with number two and need a solution other than grin and bear it:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Sizes-White-Maternity-Belly-Band-Cradle-Back-Abdomen-Support-Belt-Prenatal-New-/170826121108?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&var=&hash=item27c607bf94 

On the night you were born, the moon smiled with such wonder that the stars peeked in to see you and the night wind whispered,"life will never be the same" Image and video hosting by TinyPicalt="Lilypie 1st Birthday Pic" width="29" height="20" border="0" /> BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Do Maternity Support Belts Work?

• Options
    That didn't work for me at all! Neither did the band for just under the belly. Both hurt a lot and looked crazy under my clothes. I just sit a little more and avoid stairs to help with the pain. (Of course now, I avoid stairs all together with a broken ankle, lol)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    With DD pregnancy, I ran up until I was 34 wks pregnant, so it helped tremendously with that.  I am only 16 wks into this pregnancy, and am going to have to start wearing it now to run....  Just too uncomfortable with everything flopping around, and feels like my bladder is being compressed without it.  I assumed they were made specifically for exercise or strenous activity, but maybe not?  I would not wear it under clothes just for the hell of it, that is for sure!  Would def be bulky and uncomfortable after awhile!
    Chemical Pregnancy 5.2011. BFP 9.2011 MC @ 8.5w D&C 11.4.2011 sweet pea is always in our hearts. BFP 3.23.2012! Our baby turkey is due 11.22.2012! Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

lurking from 1st tri..

This is kind of my area of expertise, so I'll go ahead and answer. A lot of women do feel added comfort wearing this, including myself. I wore one every day in mid-to-late pregnancy last time, and I swear it made a huge difference. I was on my feet a lot.

Mine was called the Mother-to-Be, but it's very similar. I already have a new one ready for me to wear when it's time, since my other one took a lot of abuse.

HTH

edit to add: I always wore mine under clothes. I wore a camisole under THAT to avoid skin itching. It was great, because whenever a patient would complain about their brace and how everyone would see it, I'd lift up my shirt and show off mine. They'd say, "oh, wow!!"

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I have one and it only really helps my pants from slipping down. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"