Baby Names
Options

Sibling Names for Noelle??

So DH and I may be crazy, but we have been asked to adopt a little baby (due in September). DD is only 11 weeks right now, but we feel like it would be the best for the situation... names, however, are proving to be a BIG challenge.

DD is Noelle Marie. Our color is one syllable and a color. I do not like anything that is extremely popular, but not something that sounds "made up".

Some ideas we've played with are:

Anne Marie (she would go by both names)

Caroline (MIL is Carol.... and we don't get along too well... are they too similar?)

Ana Lucia (I am bilingual and love Spanish names)

Boy- (MN would have to be either Timothy or Carl)

Daniel Timothy

Any suggestions/comments/ideas??

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
C&D-Married 05.28.11 Noelle 03.12.12
Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Sibling Names for Noelle??

• Options

Anne and Caroline seem too classic and plain ot me to go with Noelle. I wouldn't name a kid Caroline if you're not wanting to honor Carol - to me, it would seem namesake-ish

With Noelle, I like:

Elyse, Claire, Lucy or Lucia, Brynn, Lila, Aurora, Lauren.

P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • Options
    Our dd is Scarlett Noelle, so I say Scarlett!
    BFP #1: 3/28/09: DD born 12/11/09
    BFP #2: 11/16/11: M/C at 7 weeks
    BFP #3: 03/24/12: C/P 03/28/12
    BFP #4: 04/26/12: please be our baby
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

The names are classic, but they are a little plain for being a sibling for Noelle in my opinion.  I would go with something spunkier, etc.  Have you thought about Alice, Camille, Corinne, Pearl, Scarlett, Annaleise, Paige, Cora, Nora(h), Genevieve, Cosette, Colette, etc?

Daniel Timothy is fine, but I prefer Timothy Daniel.  Other names are Clark, William, Heath, Gideon (I love Gideon Timothy), Robert, Henry, Oliver

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imagebrookelynpaisley:

Anne and Caroline seem too classic and plain ot me to go with Noelle. I wouldn't name a kid Caroline if you're not wanting to honor Carol - to me, it would seem namesake-ish

With Noelle, I like:

Elyse, Claire, Lucy or Lucia, Brynn, Lila, Aurora, Lauren.

I agree! I also like the way Noelle sounds with Eden, Vera, Violet, Olivia, Julia, Leila, Lillian, Amelia, Victoria, and Audrey.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageSchnebs:

The names are classic, but they are a little plain for being a sibling for Noelle in my opinion.  I would go with something spunkier, etc.  Have you thought about Alice, Camille, Corinne, Pearl, Scarlett, Annaleise, Paige, Cora, Nora(h), Genevieve, Cosette, Colette, etc?

Daniel Timothy is fine, but I prefer Timothy Daniel.  Other names are Clark, William, Heath, Gideon (I love Gideon Timothy), Robert, Henry, Oliver

I love the name Annaleise-- still trying to get DH on board with Annaleise Isabel. I also like Norah a lot too!

I'm a teacher, which makes a lot of names a no-no (Gideon, Cora...) I do like William though. Thank you!! 

C&D-Married 05.28.11 Noelle 03.12.12
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

I LOVE ana lucia!! love

I also like anne marie

caroline is eh

Daniel timothy is an awesome name!

• Options
    BLPL101BLPL101 member
    I love Anne Marie. Caroline is beautiful, but I wouldn't use it if didn't want to honor MIL. Love Daniel Timothy.

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I like Caroline. If its too similar to MIL how bout Carly or Celia?
    ~?~ Chellezy ~?~ Daisypath Anniversary tickers PitaPata Cat tickers
  • Options
    For some reason, Celeste Lucia immediately popped to mind. It has a similar feel to Noelle Marie. Noelle and Celeste -- LOVE!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I love the suggestion of Noelle and Celeste too!

I also love Ana Lucia and agree with a pp that Lucia could also be an awesome first name paired with Noelle.

Congrats on your upcoming adoption!

• Options

Amelia

Delilah

Fiona

Josephine

Olivia

Sophia

Vivian 

Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
  • Options

I know a girl named Noelle and her sisters are Stephanie, Abigail, and Priscilla. Not sure if that gives you any more suggestions! I also like Celeste and Olivia with Noelle. 

time has brought your heart to me
    i have loved you for a thousand years
    i'll love you for a thousand more
    photo liam2months_zps809ccc3e.jpg
    Liam Edward || 12/12/12 || 7lbs7oz Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    Our DD is Noelle, and our top two picks for each sex for this LO are Miriam or Elsie and Judah or Matthias. Feel free to scan my name list if you want.
    BFP #1 6/3/10 | EDD 2/5/11 | Noelle born 1/28/11
    BFP #2 12/20/11 | EDD 8/24/12 | Natural M/C 12/22/11
    BFP #3 5/13/12 (Mother's Day!) | EDD 1/23/13 | Natural M/C 6/9/12 (blighted ovum discovered 6/7/12 at 7w1d)
    "And to think when their little eyes opened, the first thing they saw was the face of Jesus."
    My Ovulation Chart | My Baby Name List
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"