October 2011 Moms
Options

Just met a non-vaxer

Honestly, my heart sank. I really like and respect this person (colleague).  She is currently pregnant and we were talking about health. Then she comes out with it...she has never had a vaccine in her life. Doesn't want to vaccinate her child, of course.  She is in the medical field and I was seriously just in shock on the inside, but held it together on the outside. I never realized how this can change your view of someone IRL.  Sure, I know there are people on the interwebz who are anti-vax, but I have never knwon anyone personally. Especially someone I respect so much. Hmmm.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Just met a non-vaxer

• Options
    UFCaseyUFCasey member

How is it possible to work in the medical field and not believe in vaccinations?

• Options
    imageUFCasey:

How is it possible to work in the medical field and not believe in vaccinations?

This is exactly what I was thinking. It doesn't make sense to me.  

• Loading the player...
  • Options

My brother (8 kids) doesn't vaccinate, they are weird.  

siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • Options

I don't particularly agree with no vaccinations. I feel like it endangers other peoples lives if you have something and then end up passing it on causing an outbreak. I was made even more paranoid about it after watching a Law and Order: SVU episode about a kid who had measles or something and a couple other kids died because they were at the same playground as him.

I can't believe someone in the medical field doesn't believe in them! That makes me wonder if she knows something we don't . . .dundunDUN

• Options
    UFCaseyUFCasey member
    I honestly think that people who don't vaccinate are selfish jerks. You're depending on herd immunity to keep your kid safe while avoiding perceived potential side effects from vaccinations. And now your children are a super huge threat to all babies who are too young for vaccinations and will continue to be a threat to all babies for the rest of their lives. It's ridiculous. I honestly would stay far away from anyone who has never been vaccinated and didn't plan on vaccinating their children. It's a losing proposition for me to be around them.
  • Options

imageUFCasey:
    I honestly think that people who don't vaccinate are selfish jerks. You're depending on herd immunity to keep your kid safe while avoiding perceived potential side effects from vaccinations. And now your children are a super huge threat to all babies who are too young for vaccinations and will continue to be a threat to all babies for the rest of their lives. It's ridiculous. I honestly would stay far away from anyone who has never been vaccinated and didn't plan on vaccinating their children. It's a losing proposition for me to be around them.

ITA with all of this.  

• Options

imageUFCasey:

Yup. Yes 

photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • Options
    CA2006CA2006 member

imageamcclindon:
    imageCA2006:
    Honestly, my heart sank. I really like and respect this person (colleague).  She is currently pregnant and we were talking about health. Then she comes out with it...she has never had a vaccine in her life. Doesn't want to vaccinate her child, of course.  She is in the medical field and I was seriously just in shock on the inside, but held it together on the outside. I never realized how this can change your view of someone IRL.  Sure, I know there are people on the interwebz who are anti-vax, but I have never knwon anyone personally. Especially someone I respect so much. Hmmm.

I'm interested in how she is able to work in the medical field without any vaccinations...I work in the medical field as well and I feel like I get chased around the hospital by a nurse with a needle every couple of months or so...I'm shocked she was able to find a job that doesn't require it...But then again, I work for a hospital/ER room so maybe its different because we are high-exposure risk. But I agree with you and PP's, it really sucks when people are dumb about vaccines.

She's a non-practicing Chiro. Not "non-practicing" by choice, but is unable to due to an injury. So not high-exposure.  She says she has never even had antibiotics in her life.  She IS RH-, so she will have to get rhogam, which I could tell she had issues with, but will do for obvious reasons.  But when I mentioned GBS, she said she wonders if getting the antibiotic is voluntary. Can't imagine it is if delivering in a hospital..too much risk, no?

• Options
    Ms.JadeMs.Jade member
    I have a dear friend whom I love and respect who has never had a vaccination because her mom is a Christian Scientist. She just had a baby and plans to vaccinate, but I was shocked to hear that. I know this is different than your situation, but sometimes not being vaccinated says more about the parents than the kids. This same friend has never had a drink in her life. When she broke away from her mom she figured she'd gone this long in her life without drinking, there was no reason to start. Maybe some people feel like they turned out ok without vaccinations and can more easily dismiss them for their own children. Maybe I'm reaching...
  • Options
    I agree with everything written here.  I don't get it, it's selfish and unless you plan on keeping your children away from ALL OTHER CHILDREN FOREVER you are endangering other families.  I really think Jenny McCarthy (that was her, wasn't it) started a huge deal when she thought her son got autism from vaccines.  Turns out he isn't even autistic, he has some other rare condition...
  • Options
    Wow, working in the medical field and not believing in vaccinations is even weirder as the normal non-vaxer. Plus, if you deal with the public in any way (or in the medical field, with.....the often sick public), I feel like it is Russian roulette not to vaccinate yourself and your kids. It's insane.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    imageCA2006:

imageamcclindon:
    imageCA2006:

I'm interested in how she is able to work in the medical field without any vaccinations...I work in the medical field as well and I feel like I get chased around the hospital by a nurse with a needle every couple of months or so...I'm shocked she was able to find a job that doesn't require it...But then again, I work for a hospital/ER room so maybe its different because we are high-exposure risk. But I agree with you and PP's, it really sucks when people are dumb about vaccines.

She's a non-practicing Chiro. Not "non-practicing" by choice, but is unable to due to an injury. So not high-exposure.  She says she has never even had antibiotics in her life.  She IS RH-, so she will have to get rhogam, which I could tell she had issues with, but will do for obvious reasons.  But when I mentioned GBS, she said she wonders if getting the antibiotic is voluntary. Can't imagine it is if delivering in a hospital..too much risk, no?

There's the problem right there, and personally, I don't consider chiros to be in the medical field.

I know someone who went to chiropractor school and she doesn't believe in immunizations or medicine.  They took a family trip to FL and her infant son got gravely ill. He had to be hospitalized. She was fighting with the Drs and nurses because she didn't want him to receive the medicine they needed to treat him with. They almost called CPS on her for refusing his treatment.

In my opinion, they are quacks, not doctors. Flame away.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options

imageUFCasey:

You said it perfectly. I always wonder about all these non-vaccinated children. Sure they are protected by herd immunity here, but what if one day they wish to travel to countries where vaccination doesn't occur regularly. Then what? They get polio as an adult because their parents were to selfish/stupid to immunize.

• Options
    imageStewartandmaura:
    imageCA2006:

imageamcclindon:
    imageCA2006:

There's the problem right there, and personally, I don't consider chiros to be in the medical field.

I know someone who went to chiropractor school and she doesn't believe in immunizations or medicine.  They took a family trip to FL and her infant son got gravely ill. He had to be hospitalized. She was fighting with the Drs and nurses because she didn't want him to receive the medicine they needed to treat him with. They almost called CPS on her for refusing his treatment.

i love my chiro but when she offered to give me info on vaccinating vs.not vaccinating, i declined it and told her we would be.  i understand where this thought comes from because it goes against some of what they believe in--that to cure an ailment you need to fix the problem not treat it with meds and just cover it up BUT immunizations are different than taking antibiotics for an infection.  my kids are both on delayed schedule but they are getting them, just no more than 2 at a time, DD is already caught up.

photo IMG_3757_zps3e266e57.jpg Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker "Sometimes I am two people. Johnny is the nice one. Cash causes all the trouble. They fight." - Johnny Cash
  • Options
    LCassLCass member

imageCA2006:

Like so many things, you can't tell by looking at someone, or even from regular daily conversation, if they're against vaccinating.  You might know more of them than you think you do.  It's like when DH was chatting with a very religious co-worker and mentioned something about "descending from monkeys" and the other guy was like "You believe in evolution?  I've never met anyone who believed in evolution before!"  Our reaction was "He's actually a creationist?  Really?"

I agree that it makes more sense that her medical field is chiro.  Not that I think they're quacks (my chiro saved my back!), but they're definitely not in the same realm of medicine as vaccinations.  And I also agree that you can't judge someone for not being vaccinated, it was their parents who made that decision.

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• Options
    There is a measles outbreak in my province.  That is all. 
  • Options
    imagesomebodysmama21:

imageamcclindon:
    imageCA2006:

Why is it naturally assumed that people who don't vaccinate are dumb? I haven't vaccinated my daughter yet. We plan to do some but not most.  I have read literally 30 different books on both sides of the issue. I have interviewed doctors and nurses who have dealt with both reactions to the vaccine and people who actually have had the disease. I have sought out advice from personal friends on both sides of the issue. I have read at minimum 75 medical articles both supporting and arguing against vaccines. Most people who do not vaccinate are not just skipping them because of the unfounded fears of autism.  People just assume we are stupid or uneducated and it's wrong. And I will also take being called selfish because I 100% bank on herd immunity, well that and breastfeeding and good hygiene.  So really I don't try to convince others not to vaccinate because vaccines work on a margin of 10% of people NOT vaccinating.

I appreciate the fact that you have actually done research, but many people who do not vaccinate are not so thorough.  They consider "doing their research" to be reading biased websites and anecdotal "evidence" they've heard from friends.  When pressed to provide actual scientific literature demonstrating that vaccines are unsafe, these people are unable to do so.

That being said, I'm a scientist, so maybe I'm not to be trusted.

• Options
    imagemargaretkaye1:
    imageSchwiingybaby:

I can't believe someone in the medical field doesn't believe in them! That makes me wonder if she knows something we don't . . .dundunDUN

This is what I was thinking. They're probably actually horrible for us. 

Please tell me you're not being serious.  I can't tell because it's the internet. 

• Options
    Everything Mack and Rescue said. I am still waiting for someone to provide me with reputable studies and sources that recommend not vaxing. Why is it that non-vaxers can never provide me with this? (That is rhetorical.)
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options
    Liz4444Liz4444 member
    imagesomebodysmama21:
    imageMackalien13:
    imagesomebodysmama21:

imageamcclindon:
    imageCA2006:

Why is it naturally assumed that people who don't vaccinate are dumb? I haven't vaccinated my daughter yet. We plan to do some but not most.  I have read literally 30 different books on both sides of the issue. I have interviewed doctors and nurses who have dealt with both reactions to the vaccine and people who actually have had the disease. I have sought out advice from personal friends on both sides of the issue. I have read at minimum 75 medical articles both supporting and arguing against vaccines. Most people who do not vaccinate are not just skipping them because of the unfounded fears of autism.  People just assume we are stupid or uneducated and it's wrong. And I will also take being called selfish because I 100% bank on herd immunity, well that and breastfeeding and good hygiene.  So really I don't try to convince others not to vaccinate because vaccines work on a margin of 10% of people NOT vaccinating.

The reason that you are able to not vaccinate your baby is because the use of vaccinations has eradicated most of these deadly childhood diseases. I personally cannot know that and choose not to vaccinate my child. It really blows all arguments out of the water about the potential pit falls of vaccinations. As a society, we are better off by vaccinating. If everyone was like you and decided not to vaccinate, then we would begin to have recurrences of these diseases. Also, the literature that I have seen that talks about the downfalls of vaccinations, is biased. I have never heard of a reputable medical periodical, journal, or paper that would recommend not vaccinating.

As I said I don't convince others not to vaccinate I bank on herd immunity yes I know it is selfish.  I also said I have read both sides of the issue. I do not argue that most non vaccinating ligature is biased but the truth can be said about the pro vaccine side as well. Both sides have an agenda they are pushing which is why you should read both sides.  Anyway I am not looking to change any minds so I am not going to argue my side I just wanted it on the record that not everyone who chooses to not vaccinate is some sheep who thinks it will give their kid autism.

What agenda do pediatricians have trying to vaccinate your child besides keeping them healthy?  Yes, I know you are going to say they make a lot of $ giving vaccinations.  My SIL's fiance is a pedi, we have had vaccination discussions and I can tell you, straight from his mouth, they make pretty much nothing vaccinating, on some vaccinations they actually lose money.  So please, tell me what their agenda is.

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options
    Liz4444Liz4444 member
    imageStewartandmaura:
    imageCA2006:

imageamcclindon:
    imageCA2006:

Not all chiros are like this.  My chiro is very into medicating when necessary.  He wants to send me to another Dr for pain management as well as his treatments. 

Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• Options
    I totally stole that from GM, Mack. She coined the phrase, I have to give her credit! (That is a shout out to Crystal's UO today.)
  • Options
    imageWoodsie:
    imagesomebodysmama21:
    imageLiz4444:
    imagesomebodysmama21:
    imageMackalien13:
    imagesomebodysmama21:

imageamcclindon:
    imageCA2006:

The reason that you are able to not vaccinate your baby is because the use of vaccinations has eradicated most of these deadly childhood diseases. I personally cannot know that and choose not to vaccinate my child. It really blows all arguments out of the water about the potential pit falls of vaccinations. As a society, we are better off by vaccinating. If everyone was like you and decided not to vaccinate, then we would begin to have recurrences of these diseases. Also, the literature that I have seen that talks about the downfalls of vaccinations, is biased. I have never heard of a reputable medical periodical, journal, or paper that would recommend not vaccinating.

As I said I don't convince others not to vaccinate I bank on herd immunity yes I know it is selfish.  I also said I have read both sides of the issue. I do not argue that most non vaccinating ligature is biased but the truth can be said about the pro vaccine side as well. Both sides have an agenda they are pushing which is why you should read both sides.  Anyway I am not looking to change any minds so I am not going to argue my side I just wanted it on the record that not everyone who chooses to not vaccinate is some sheep who thinks it will give their kid autism.

What agenda do pediatricians have trying to vaccinate your child besides keeping them healthy?  Yes, I know you are going to say they make a lot of $ giving vaccinations.  My SIL's fiance is a pedi, we have had vaccination discussions and I can tell you, straight from his mouth, they make pretty much nothing vaccinating, on some vaccinations they actually lose money.  So please, tell me what their agenda is.

You are implying first of all that the pediatricians I have talked to all fully recommended vaccinating on the current CDC guidelines. Most of the ones I have spoken with and the one we have chosen as our pedi and who we trust fully. Do not actually recommend all the vaccines the CDC does and certainly not on their schedule. Quite honestly I do believe pedi on this subject to be the most likely to be unbiased. 

I honestly cannot believe that there are people like you in this world who are so selfish that they will put other babies at risk of dying from horrible PREVENTABLE deaths, and brag about it to other moms. I know we aren't really about flaming on this board, but seriously. You're welcome for providing YOUR child with the benefits of herd immunity while you put mine at risk. Maybe doing your research means you aren't dumb, but it certainly doesn't make you a good person.

+1

It makes my blood boil to think of MY baby being at risk because of another parents selfish decision. I wish they could enforce it as a requirement for public school (I realize they cannot because of religious exemptions etc). If you don't vaccinate then you shouldn't take your kid to playgroup, Gymboree etc.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options
    imagecrystalbaby:
    imageWoodsie:
    imagesomebodysmama21:

You are implying first of all that the pediatricians I have talked to all fully recommended vaccinating on the current CDC guidelines. Most of the ones I have spoken with and the one we have chosen as our pedi and who we trust fully. Do not actually recommend all the vaccines the CDC does and certainly not on their schedule. Quite honestly I do believe pedi on this subject to be the most likely to be unbiased. 

I honestly cannot believe that there are people like you in this world who are so selfish that they will put other babies at risk of dying from horrible PREVENTABLE deaths, and brag about it to other moms. I know we aren't really about flaming on this board, but seriously. You're welcome for providing YOUR child with the benefits of herd immunity while you put mine at risk. Maybe doing your research means you aren't dumb, but it certainly doesn't make you a good person.

Seriously, Somebodysmama. You've spouted a lot of holier-than-thou bullsh?t on this board, but this takes the cake. It's too bad that you didn't delete your account after you were flamed the first time. I'm pissed that I had to even read this crap. And thanks for providing us with this peer-reviewed literature that you've read that supports your ignorant notions. 

I agree with crystal.  The pediatricians I have spoken to all recommend doing it as scheduled.  As I've said before, we have one in the family, he is clearly only looking out for us and if they thought a different schedule would be better, that's how they would have set it up, they didn't.  I'm so glad that putting my child at risk keeps yours safe.  You're welcome. 

• Options
    imageababymaybe:
    imageWoodsie:
    imagesomebodysmama21:
    imageLiz4444:
    imagesomebodysmama21:
    imageMackalien13:
    imagesomebodysmama21:

imageamcclindon:
    imageCA2006:

+1

It makes my blood boil to think of MY baby being at risk because of another parents selfish decision. I wish they could enforce it as a requirement for public school (I realize they cannot because of religious exemptions etc). If you don't vaccinate then you shouldn't take your kid to playgroup, Gymboree etc.  

Screw religious reasons here!! There should be laws in place, and there should not be exceptions! You vaccinate or you cannot partake in school,camp,the gym or whatever. The only reason for an exception in my eyes is medical. If somebody may be highly allergic to some ingredient in the vaccine for example.

• Options
    imagecrystalbaby:
    imageWoodsie:

Seriously, Somebodysmama. You've spouted a lot of holier-than-thou bullsh?t on this board, but this takes the cake. It's too bad that you didn't delete your account after you were flamed the first time. I'm pissed that I had to even read this crap. And thanks for providing us with this peer-reviewed literature that you've read that supports your ignorant notions. 

I have to say I agree with Woodsie and Crystal, esp the bolded. Somebodysmama, I find your logic on this matter ("And I will also take being called selfish because I 100% bank on herd immunity") infuriating, rude, and arrogant. I hate that you think you can get away with not vaccinating BECAUSE of the fact that the rest of us do. Keep your selfish opinion to yourself next time, mmkay? Or better yet -- do the right thing.

• Options
    imagesomebodysmama21:
    imageLiz4444:
    imagesomebodysmama21:
    imageMackalien13:
    imagesomebodysmama21:

imageamcclindon:
    imageCA2006:

I interviewed several pediatric practices before choosing my current one. I did my externship for school in pediatrics in a large practice. I also worked in a practice with three physicians, while pregnant, who I spent a good amount of time discussing vaccines. I can honestly say I've never met a doctor who would be okay with not vaccinating a child. I'm not saying they don't exist, but I can't imagine it's true that most of the doctors you spoke with don't support CDC vaccination guidelines. You want to rely on herd immunity? Here's the flaw in that idea. If more and more parents decide to do the same as you, those diseases will make a comeback. Herd immunity only works if almost everyone vaccinates. You want to risk your own child's life, that's your deal. But do the world a favor, and keep her away from other children, or any situation where she may encounter young babies who aren't old enough for vaccinations yet. Otherwise you're knowingly risking the lives innocent children.
  • Options
    imagesomebodysmama21:

Whatever most of you are self absorbed ladies who get drunk every other night and whine anytime your child slightly inconvenience you and you think you know enough about me to say I am a bad person.  I don't think I am any better than anyone I don't think anything I have ever posted on here has been any 'holier than thou' anymore than any of you.

So go on thinking that you are all right and never even considering the fact that there are others ways than your own. 

I don't put your child at risk because they are vaccinated that's the point. If all your kids are vaccinated you don't have to worry about my non-vaxed that is why you do it dipsh!ts! I don't bring my child around any new baby without first telling the mother that she has not been vaccinated. She doesn't go to the nursery at church and isn't in daycare. I am not putting your kid at risk so STFU. 

As far as not vaccinating for allergic reaction reasons, you realize that most people who have an allergic reaction to vaccines don't find out until it's too late so how the he!! do you expect to know that your child is allergic until they are already dead? 

And I am not lying my ped and many other I have spoke to are strongly against introducing any vaccines before the age of 6 months and are very leery of  introducing any that haven't been out a while. As well my ped WILL NOT do more than one vaccine at a time and WILL NOT vaccinate if someone even has a stuffy nose. Those two things are the biggest reason why people react to vaccines. As I stated in my first post we do plan on vaccinating her against some things but we haven't started yet because we trust our ped who says none before 6 months and DD was sick at her 6 month appt.

Anyway I don't need to justify myself to a bunch of drunk off their a$$ women who call me holier than thou and then try to tell me how I should be raising my child. That's pot calling the kettle black. 

PS I have been trying to DD my account for a while the dam bump gods won't let me!

What a good idea! Insult the board, that will make things better!

If you can't delete your account I have a solution for you -- stop posting.

• Options
    imagesomebodysmama21:

Whatever most of you are self absorbed ladies who get drunk every other night and whine anytime your child slightly inconvenience you and you think you know enough about me to say I am a bad person.  I don't think I am any better than anyone I don't think anything I have ever posted on here has been any 'holier than thou' anymore than any of you.

So go on thinking that you are all right and never even considering the fact that there are others ways than your own. 

I don't put your child at risk because they are vaccinated that's the point. If all your kids are vaccinated you don't have to worry about my non-vaxed that is why you do it dipsh!ts! I don't bring my child around any new baby without first telling the mother that she has not been vaccinated. She doesn't go to the nursery at church and isn't in daycare. I am not putting your kid at risk so STFU. 

As far as not vaccinating for allergic reaction reasons, you realize that most people who have an allergic reaction to vaccines don't find out until it's too late so how the he!! do you expect to know that your child is allergic until they are already dead? 

And I am not lying my ped and many other I have spoke to are strongly against introducing any vaccines before the age of 6 months and are very leery of  introducing any that haven't been out a while. As well my ped WILL NOT do more than one vaccine at a time and WILL NOT vaccinate if someone even has a stuffy nose. Those two things are the biggest reason why people react to vaccines. As I stated in my first post we do plan on vaccinating her against some things but we haven't started yet because we trust our ped who says none before 6 months and DD was sick at her 6 month appt.

Anyway I don't need to justify myself to a bunch of drunk off their a$$ women who call me holier than thou and then try to tell me how I should be raising my child. That's pot calling the kettle black. 

PS I have been trying to DD my account for a while the dam bump gods won't let me!

Well, instead of DD the account I am recommending logging out and not back in. That could be a great solution.

As for the rest of the ramble....shows me only that I am right in my opinion about you.  

• Options
    imagesomebodysmama21:

Didnt you to us you were a recovering alcoholic and your husband has a drinking problem?  Just saying... 

• Options
    imageLiz4444:
    imagesomebodysmama21:

Didnt you to us you were a recovering alcoholic and your husband has a drinking problem?  Just saying... 

I think I recall something like that as well, Liz, now that you are bringing it up. Funny how things go sometimes. 

• Options
    LCassLCass member
    imagesomebodysmama21:

How about those of us who don't drink and have never before said a word about some of your more questionable posts?  Can we tell you that your post was rude, insensitive and that, despite your research, we disapprove of your decision?  Can we tell you that we considered the fact that there are other ways than what we have chosen, but came to the conclusion that it was not fair to endanger our own children and other people's without there be a PROVEN risk?  Can we ask why, if you found all this real, scientific, medically-backed evidence that supports BOTH sides of the argument, you haven't shared any of the anti-vaccination literature?  Because doing research doesn't necessarily mean you make a good decision, if you're looking at bad information.  And I also find it hard to believe that you found so many pedis who are against vaccinating or support doing it on a wildly different schedule.  Because as you so blatantly said, you rely on herd immunity for your choices to not blow up in your face (of course, they still can, especially if your child travels in future), so it doesn't make sense for a pedi not to want most/all their patients to vaccinate on the recommended schedule.  I know some will accept a delayed schedule, but they're usually not happy about it.

That's great that you warn mothers of young babies and keep your child out of the church nursery and daycare.  It shows that you're not completely inconsiderate of the rest of the population.  But what about older children, teenagers, adults who aren't vaccinated for medical reasons?  What about when your child endangers their lives?  You admit that you're being selfish, so do you just not care?

And how are you deciding which vaccinations to do?  If the illness would kill your child?  But if she'll just be extremely ill, you'll skip that one?

I'm actually genuinely asking these questions and interested in your answers.

P.S. If you're unable to DD your account, you can't blame the bump gods for making you still read and post here.

BFP #1: July 12, 2010 Natural M/C: July 26, 2010

BFP #2: January 30 ,2011 Born: September 29, 2011

BFP #3: January 5, 2013 Born: August 25, 2013

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_sleep4&T=t_b22&D=20110929&M1=&D1=&T2=Our+Rosh+Hashanah+baby!&T1=Lily&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

http://global.thebump.com/tickers/tickerticker.aspx?&TT=bdy&TT1=bdy&CL=&CT=&CG=F&O=m_baby7&T=t_b14&D=20130825&M1=&D1=&T2=&T1=Sammy&T3=&CC=0&CO=&CO2=&W=&TS=&R=A&SC=green

• Options
    imagesomebodysmama21:

Clearly you are NOT as "educated" as you pretend to be if you don't grasp the whole herd immunity thing. You ARE putting other children at risk. 

And The Bump isn't forcing you to log in and post (and make an ass of yourself). Don't let the door hit ya.  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Options

Somebodysmama, you ARE putting other kids at risk by not vaccinating. There are vaccines that babies can't get until a certain age. If your kid gets one your child can kill another baby who may be to young to get the vaccination. I understand the concerns about vaccines, and I read up on it A LOT before having DS. I'm not willing to risk my baby or anyone else's babies by not vaccinating.

Also, DH had a coworker who was a great guy. We always wondered why he never had kids since he was amazing with them. DH asked and he said it was because his parents didn't vaccinate and he got mumps. They made him infertile. He went his whole life not knowing he ever had mumps, tried to have kids the first 6 years of marriage only to find out when they went to a specialist that he will never be able to have biological kids. His parents made the decision to not vaccinate and took away a dream this guy had. I'm not willing to do that to my son.  

photo
  • Options
    imagesomebodysmama21:

• Options
    imageoverture:
    imagesomebodysmama21:

Overture, I think I love you! 

• Options
    imagesomebodysmama21:

There is no point in arguing with you. No I did not show you all of my research I didn't show you my pro or con research I didn't just skip out on the con. And it has been said I am not skipping all vaccines so obviously I agree with some. And no it doesn't make me sleep better as you say none of you know how hard of a decision this has been for me. None of you know how many nights I have lost sleep trying to decide whether it is better to risk my child's life by injecting her with chemicals that are foreign to her body or better to risk her life by not. It's the better of two evils it has been a very hard road for us to come to our conclusion. Which is delay and only introduce some.

Thank you for not showing your "research" becoming one more non-vaxer who validates my argument that non-vaxers can never back themselves up with reputable evidence!

• Options
    imagesomebodysmama21:

I have lost sleep trying to decide whether it is better to risk my child's life by injecting her with chemicals that are foreign to her body or better to risk her life by not. 

what are the chances of that happening? probably like .0005% or something, miniscule.  do you ride in a car w/ your DD? that is WAY more dangerous and life threatening to her than any vaccine.   so, if you are that paranoid about her well being i hope you walk everywhere you need to go. good luck w/ life inside your bubble.  

imageimage

• Options
    imagesomebodysmama21:

There is no point in arguing with you. No I did not show you all of my research I didn't show you my pro or con research I didn't just skip out on the con. And it has been said I am not skipping all vaccines so obviously I agree with some. And no it doesn't make me sleep better as you say none of you know how hard of a decision this has been for me. None of you know how many nights I have lost sleep trying to decide whether it is better to risk my child's life by injecting her with chemicals that are foreign to her body or better to risk her life by not. It's the better of two evils it has been a very hard road for us to come to our conclusion. Which is delay and only introduce some.

As far as the post where someone said I was a recovering alcoholic and my husband has a drinking problem you must be thinking of someone else you can look at every thing I have ever posted.

My father was an alcoholic and I have posted a few times that I have never drank because it scares me that alcoholism can be hereditary. My husband has maybe two beers a year.  So don't even try that Bull.  Im not going to keep arguing you all think I am an idiot who doesn't give two cents about anyone else, none of you know me IRL (and I am sure most of you are happy about that) and you don't know what I am like.

Your don't want to vaccinate your child/ren ...Fine, You have information that your believe is correct,,,Fine.  That is your choice But make sure you understand the risks you are imposing on other children. Not everyone or many will agree with you but it is your choice.

Seriously.... I was not against you till you said "most of you are self absorbed ladies who get drunk every other night and whine anytime your child slightly inconvenience you".

At least there Drinking is not putting their or your children at risk for a disease.They are responsible about there drinking and truly its none of your damn busines... SO Please Get Off your HIGH HORSE!

• Options
    somebody's mama-Please hear me out because I'm genuinely concerned about your Lo not getting vaccinated. The benefits of vaccinating far outweigh any risk. My H is a medical doctor and we 100% vaccinate in this house. It is the right and responsible thing to do as a parent. My H's coworkers and friends who are doctors also vaccinate their children. I urge you to please reconsider. You owe it to your child to protect her.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"