Food Allergy
Options

Milk Protein Allergy

LO was diagnosed with this last Wednesday.  I started cutting out dairy and switched him to Nutramigen for 48 hrs.  Started back with the breast on Friday.  His stool got better but he has since had some pretty ugly bloody poops.  For those of you experienced with this (since I got very little info. from the pediatrician)....does it take a while for this to clear up or does this mean I ate something I shouldn't have?  How long do I just stay with dairy elimination before it becomes apparent that something else needs to be eliminated also?  I understand that many with the dairy intolerance/allergy have issues with soy.  I am so frustrated but I feel like I've gotten more info. from the internet than I have my pediatrician so I am starting here.  Thanks!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Milk Protein Allergy

• Options
    minirayminiray member
    We met with the pediatrician about this today and she told me it could take 4-6 weeks to see a complete improvement.  My LO reacted to Alimentum and so she suggested Neocate which is an amino acid based formula.  He is breastfed but we like to have some formula on hand because I had to throw out most of my freezer stash as it was contaminated.  Also, my LO reacts even more to soy than dairy so you may have to cut out dairy as well (MSPI).

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Options
    I meant you may have to cut out soy too. Sorry phone wont let me edit my post.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFetus Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    You should meet with a pediatric allergist.  There is a big difference between allergy to milk protein and intolerance to dairy (this goes aways much faster). DS is 3.5 years old and is still allergic to milk protein -- so this means no cows milk products.  We have an epi-pen for him.  We didn't even know about his milk protein allergy until he was 6 months old and he had yogurt for the first time (head to toe hives).  A blood test will give you more information...good luck!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"