Baby Names
Options

Boy Names with Z

Hi all! I lurk around here but mainly hang out in TTC. Hubs and I are very actively TTC this month and have a girl name chosen, but are having trouble with the boy name idea. We LOVE Z-names that are less common than the very-cool "Zach." I know Lennon is tossed in there but we like that, too. If you'd like to help us narrow it down, TIA!

[poll]

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Boy Names with Z

• Options
    I am not really a fan of any of those. I think my fave 'Z' name is Zane.
    photo 203b9128-895f-464c-a378-ff73eaf8c1ce_zps4de57ab1.jpg
    Xander, Hayden & Lily 5 1/2 and Jericho 3 My Blog!
  • Options
    Zane seems as common to us as Zach.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    raefreraefre member

NMS (and they made me chuckle a bit), but I can totally see a child rocking Zeppelin. It is more difficult for me to see an adult man named that, but whatevs.

I do not like Zephyr at all. Seems somewhat...effeminate for my taste. 

Lennon would make a decent first name for a boy and a man. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

Most of these names fall under the guilty pleasure category for me; I can't imagine spending a lifetime being saddled with one of them. "Hi, this is Zephyr calling." "Can Zeppelin come out and play?" Not feeling it, sorry.

• Options
    imageraefre:

NMS (and they made me chuckle a bit), but I can totally see a child rocking Zeppelin. It is more difficult for me to see an adult man named that, but whatevs.

I do not like Zephyr at all. Seems somewhat...effeminate for my taste. 

Lennon would make a decent first name for a boy and a man. 

I don't know what NMS means. I like Lennon, too, though. Hopefully we get PG with a girl and don't have to do this. Her name is picked out and on the shelf.

• Options
    Well these are the options, people! There's much more strange actual-names out there being used. I love the names and thank you, if you voted.
  • Options
    I like Lennon.  I don't like any of your Z names.
    Follow Me on Pinterest Image and video hosting by TinyPic Photobucket Photobucket
  • Options

imagealehayes:
    I like Lennon.  

... me too! I am really starting to prefer it. Any MN suggestions? Doesn't have to be family-related; just sounds good with Lennon.

• Options

imagealehayes:
    I like Lennon.  I don't like any of your Z names.

This.

[spoiler] My Blog: Grow Baby Grow

BFP #1: 12/2009 m/c 1/2010 BFP #2: 6/2010 m/c 8/2010

BFP #3: 10/2011 ectopic 11/2011 (right tube removed, learned left tube was probably nonfunctional due to scar tissue from infection after m/c)

3 failed IUIs, IVF #1: 18R, 12M, 10F, 3 poor quality 5d embryos transferred= BFP #4!!!!!

Betas: 9dp5dt: 64 ~14dp5dt: 91 (expecting miscarriage, doubling time of 236 hours) ~16dp5dt: 200~18dp5dt: 500

First Ultrasound at 6w2d revealed two sacs, only one with a heartbeat

LK arrived after 42 weeks on August 14, 2013! Beautiful, healthy, and happy!

TTC#2: IVF booked for April 2015

Surprise BFP#5 February 19, 2015 EDD: November 2, 2015

Betas: 10dpo: 10, 14dpo: 77, 17dpo: 270

First Ultrasound at 5w1d showed a miracle UTE baby! And right ovary ovulation to left fallopian tube.

JD arrived at 38 weeks on October 20, 2015.

TTC #3: Since October 2017. BFP #6 July 2, 2018 EDD: March 16, 2019 [/spoiler]

• Options
    What about Zale? My super hippie cousin considered naming her son Zen.
    Lilypie - (KUub)  Lilypie - (x7FR)

Daisypath - (cVUA)   Daisypath - (CnD8)

• Options

imageadventureolive:
    What about Zale? My super hippie cousin considered naming her son Zen.

Zale's is where his wedding ring came from... LOL. That'd be interesting. I've considered Zen briefly; I don't know. I am a super-hippie...

• Options
    imageHiLLjO:

imagealehayes:
    I like Lennon.  

... me too! I am really starting to prefer it. Any MN suggestions? Doesn't have to be family-related; just sounds good with Lennon.

I really like the sound of Lennon James!  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    raefreraefre member
    imageHiLLjO:

I don't know what NMS means. I like Lennon, too, though. Hopefully we get PG with a girl and don't have to do this. Her name is picked out and on the shelf.

NMS = not my style. 

I know what you mean about having a name already picked. For us, it was our boy names that we had picked (I had two ready :D). I still don't have a solid idea of what girl names (at least FN) I would use.

What was the girl name you chose? 

• Options

I like Lennon a lot.

Norah transformed our family January 6, 2013

imageimageimageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    imagepinkie529:
    imageHiLLjO:

imagealehayes:
    I like Lennon.  

I really like the sound of Lennon James!  

OMG that's my dad's middle name! LOVE!

• Options
    imageraefre:
    imageHiLLjO:

NMS = not my style. 

I know what you mean about having a name already picked. For us, it was our boy names that we had picked (I had two ready :D). I still don't have a solid idea of what girl names (at least FN) I would use.

What was the girl name you chose? 

Thanks! I are a N00B. Our girl name is Bernice Grace. We LOVE it. There's no alternates LOL.

• Options
    I dont know about these, I'd keep thinking for a while.

BFP#1 10 wk missed mc      

BFP#2 DS born at 40+2 on 8/14/12  BFP#3 DD Born at 39+3 on 5/13/14

• Options
    raefreraefre member

Maybe use one of your Z names for a middle name.

Lennon Zale

Lennon Zephyr

Lennon Zophar

Lennon Zane

• Options
    raefreraefre member
    imageHiLLjO:

Thanks! I are a N00B. Our girl name is Bernice Grace. We LOVE it. There's no alternates LOL.

Its a beautiful girls name.  I was curious because of your taste in boys names.

• Options
    imageLadiebug710:
    I dont know about these, I'd keep thinking for a while.
    It's one of these.
  • Options
    imageraefre:
    imageHiLLjO:

Its a beautiful girls name.  I was curious because of your taste in boys names.

Thank you! We love it. I've already had dreams about her. It fits.

• Options
    Bernice is nice and although I don't totally care about sibsets, Bernice and Zephyr are way off! I voted for Lennon. 

• Options
    MrsRKJMrsRKJ member
    Oh my none of those!  Please!  Ok Lennon isn't bad.  I agree with a PP - maybe one of the "Z" names could be the mn?  What about Zander?
    Welcomed our baby boy Henry on March 15, 2013 (7 weeks early!)

TTA until 2014

• Options

Zefflin? ... wut? 

This feels like MUD. But I'll say, don't use any of these except Lennon.  

• Options
    Lennon is adorable!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The only one I like is Zephyr.

• Options
    I don't like any of them. Sorry! How about Zander or Zane?

• Options
    No, no, no.
    Began TTC #1 in January 2011
    Confirmation and Removal of Endo - March 2012
    +#1 on 4/1/12 - m/c @ ~8w 5d
    +#2 Tx cycle 4 - 5 mg Letrozole + 75iu Follsitim & Ovidrel w/ IUI on 11/13/12 - EDD 7/23/13 
    7 week u/s revealed THREE babies, all with heartbeats.  153bpm, 148bpm, and 136bpm
    9 week u/s revealed loss of Baby B.  A and C are growing on track.  A measuring 9w1d with 172bpm and C measuring 9w0d with 179 bpm.  
    Elective sex determination u/s on 2/8 revealed... boy AND girl!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Zephyr is okay for a girl, IMO.  It means calm breeze, and I just can't see it on a boy.  Girl, cute, boy, too femine.  I almost voted for Zepplin, though... I kinda like it, but it's super rockerish, and what if he acted more like a calm breeze?? lol

Lennon all the way. James as a mn is adorable! 

• Options
    imagebamjewell:

Zephyr is okay for a girl, IMO.  It means calm breeze, and I just can't see it on a boy.  Girl, cute, boy, too femine.  I almost voted for Zepplin, though... I kinda like it, but it's super rockerish, and what if he acted more like a calm breeze?? lol

Lennon all the way. James as a mn is adorable! 

ITA about Zephyr.  A Zeppelin is like a big blimp--it makes me think of the Hindenburg disaster.

I like Lennon a lot, though.

• Options

of your list , I picked Lennon.

Zeke

Zaire

Zion.......you might look at these also

• Options
    FinkFink member

imageHiLLjO:

I disagree with this. According to SSA, ,Zachary is in the top 75 (#64), whereas Zane is not even in the top 200 (#220).

• Options
    Don't like any of those names.  What about Zane, Zander,
  • Options
    imageFink:

imageHiLLjO:

I disagree with this. According to SSA, ,Zachary is in the top 75 (#64), whereas Zane is not even in the top 200 (#220).

You quoted my opinion... I didn't say it was ranked that way; that it SEEMED that way.

• Options
    FinkFink member
    imageHiLLjO:
    imageFink:

imageHiLLjO:

You quoted my opinion... I didn't say it was ranked that way; that it SEEMED that way.

I understood that it was your opinion, even if my post wasn't particularly clear on that point.  :-) I was just using the SSA figures to support MY opinion that it is a relatively uncommon name.  In any event it doesn't matter since I see in your other post that you are going with Jensen.  While Jensen isn't my style, it is a nice name.  Good luck picking a mn.

• Options
    Thanks! Jensen is the all-around pleaser in our family and for both me and hubs. We're thinking classic MN... we'll see what comes out! Thanks! Big Smile
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"