1st Trimester
Options

Has anyone gotten a +HPT after 18DPO?

I am 18DPO today.  I am suppose to get AF today, but she hasn't come yet.

I took a dollar tree pregnancy test this morning and it was negative.  Has anyone ever gotten a late positive HPT after having a negative one?  And what DPO were you?  TIA!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Has anyone gotten a +HPT after 18DPO?

• Options
    With DS I got a my BFP at 16dpo so it's possible to get a BFP late. Remember you're not out until AF Shows!
    Logan Alexander born May 9th 2011. He has stolen my heart forever. Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BFP #2 05/24/12 EDD 01/31/13 D&C 06/26/12 Missing you. Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Diagnosed with Ashermans 11/06/12 Surgery 01/18/13, Cleared for TTC 03/01/13 BFP 03/26/13 IT'S A BOY! Please Be Our Rainbow! BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    drpaynedrpayne member
    Yes it's possible at 18 days... I got mine at 9.  Did you really mean 18 days?  That is a long luteal phase if AF is just now due...
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    drpaynedrpayne member
    I think I misread your original question... You got a neg and want to know if it can still turn pos?  Retest first thing in the morning.
  • Options

imagedrpayne:
    Yes it's possible at 18 days... I got mine at 9.  Did you really mean 18 days?  That is a long luteal phase if AF is just now due...

What she said. My luteal phase is only 11-12 days! 18 would drive me nuts (imagine the PMS!)

• Options

It might be less...it is my first time charting and I think my chart is a little wacky.  Plus it gave me crosshairs and then took them away so I have no "clear" O date, I am just going by what FF originally put in.

My friend didn't get a +HPT until she was 6 days late, she got negatives every other time.  I was just wondering if a lot of women go through this (the late HPT)?  I guess it is possible that I O'ed later then I thought.

I will just wait it out and see what happens.  It could show up tonight.  I am sure the more experience I get with charting the better I will be able "read" my cycle.

Thanks for your help.

• Options

Link your chart :D

Also, what HPT are you using?

• Options
    Yes, link your chart :)  Whenever FF gave me CHs and then took them away, I usually didn't ovulate.  Are you continuing to temp?  FWIW, I got a pos HPT with my DD after being a week late and 3 neg tests.  But then, I wasn't really tracking my cycle, so I didn't really have a clear idea of when I ovulated.
    TTC #2 since 2/2010 DX PCOS BFP #1 4/1/08, DD born 12/5/08 BFP #2 2/3/12, m/c 2/14/12 BFP #3 4/27/12 EDD 12/31/12 Hoping for a sticky baby! Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Minus the shed, perfect pic web
  • Options

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3cda07

I used the dollar tree brand bc I heard they were really sensitive.

Originally I got CH on CD 11.  Then because of my temps that followed, it took them away.  I didn't use OPK's this cycle.  I am thinking I am out either way because if O didn't happen near CD 11 then we didn't really BD a lot any other time of the month

ETA: I guess it is possible that I just didn't O this month.

• Options
    drpaynedrpayne member
    And you check your temp at the exact same time every day, first thing?  Were you sick or anything?  I'm not a chart expert... but I'd guess no O?  Again, just guessing.
  • Options
    MAtoNCMAtoNC member
    I just looked at your chart. If you took your temp at the same time every day and these are the temps you got, I don't think you've ovulated.
    Married 4/12/08 DS born 11/17/2009 via c-section at 39 weeks. 11/12/2011 BFP #2!! m/c 7w5d. 2/28/2012 BFP #3 Beta #1-12dpo = 18; Beta #2-16dpo = 185; Beta #3-18dpo = 505. EDD 11/10/2012. Ectopic discovered at 5w4d. D&C followed by methotrexate.
  • Options

I did, but my levels were off that whole pregnancy and it ended in a miscarriage.

NOT saying that's what is happening with you.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBabyFruit Ticker

PCOS and Hypothyroidism- Successful IUI's- May 2012 and October 2014.  Miscarriage @ 6w3d in December 2009.
  • Options
    Yeah, that chart looks anovulatory! Have you tried teaming charting up with LH strips (AKA OPKs). It really helped me. I would always set my alarm super early, so I would have had at least 6 hours of sleep, but I could go back to sleep after I temped, that way my temperatures were exact. I keep saying they need to invent a basal thermo that records like 5 days of info (that isn't 200 bucks like the Pearly).

• Options

I don't think I o'ed this cycle either. I was on bc prior so it is possible ,y cycle is stil all messed up.

I bought the wondfo's off amazon to use next cycle. I also bought a new bbt because my current one is giving me a lot of the same temps.

I am testing at the same time everyday....except for this past tues when I had to bring my husband to the airport.

I appreciate all the advise...thank u. Fx for next month.

H and h 9 months to all of you :) 

• Options
    I've got a link to my pregnancy chart in my siggy, take a look as my temps were pretty wacky. I had the Mirena for several years prior to that cycle. It was a long cycle coming off bc and when I got PG with my first, that cycle was long too. I got PG the first cycle off bc both times, though the first time I charted and used OPK's whereas this time I only temp'd and checked CP. Doesn't look to me like you ovulated yet. Also, did you drink any alcohol any day this cycle? Drinking the night before can raise your temp and make is less accurate. I say keep temping though, you're not out this cycle yet. GL!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"