February 2012 Moms
Options

re: plugging your business

Would anyone be opposed to having a one thread that anyone who has a their own business or a business they would like to recommend could post?  I'm sure there are a few ladies on here that have some type of business and I know I would rather give business to someone I know.  It could all be in the spirit of helping each other out or encouraging someones gift/hobby...just an idea. It doesn't bother me either way if we do it or not. :)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
3month11

Re: re: plugging your business

• Options
    I think it's a great idea! Maybe a weekly "Plug Your Business Monday" post or something?

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    The CD board has a daily post that links to the swap spot board, the one place where I think this is okay (though I don't really know what the rules are about that board, sorry guys). It keeps the solicitation posts down to one/day.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageAinslie325:

My only worry is that it truly does violate The Bump's TOS.  We want them to preserve the boards as advertising-free forums for personal exchange about babies and parenting, but we'd be knowingly inviting advertising (even if in the spirit of camaraderie and helpfulness).  If I were a mod, I'd throw up my hands; I don't think they should have to suss out who can and cannot advertise when the policy they're asked to enforce is much simpler: no one.

How would we attempt to distinguish between "legitimate" posters and those who just materialize to sell their, say, **THIS IS SPAM**? I think it's asking for trouble.

ETA: Where it says "this is spam," I mentioned the oft-promoted product that rhymes with Mudder Glovers. 

I agree with this. We could set up a site where we could put everyone's information and just keep the link in our siggies like we used to with the blog. That way we don't violate the TOS but can still get access to everyone's shops.

January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"