December 2012 Moms
Options

~LuffJoo~

Where in Canada are you from? Where do you live now - California? WHY!! lol

Re: ~LuffJoo~

• Options
    LuffJooLuffJoo member

Spent the first 26 years of my life in vancouver.  BUUT my H is american so at some point we had to pick a country...

He won, cause he made like 4 times the amount of money I did. lol.

Where r u at? 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options

I love LOVE Vancouver (but could never afford to live there haha!) I'm in Ontario..

I guess that money is important. lol but I couldn't imagine having a child in the States when I can do it all here for free!

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    LuffJooLuffJoo member

Oh I feel that!  It was part of the discussion...he makes enough, even before I got KU i didnt have to work (yes yes Im a slacker) and he has full medical coverage...it'll cost us $100 co-pay to have the baby here, and in a beautiful women's hospital...so I gave in.

There's NO way I'd deal with this here if we had regular or god forbid NO medical though when I could've done it back home... But I'm loving my private OBGYN and the Sharp women's hospital is GORGEOUS.

I got my own TV and beverage service when in triage yesterday...felt kinda like a spa.  Was kinda strange actually... 

• Options
    Wow, that's amazing! So you're a kept woman, eh? I'm jealous! haha
  • Options
    LuffJooLuffJoo member

LOL, Im no housewife of san diego...thats for sure.  But it'll be nice to be able to be at home with the baby and not have to do the daycare thing...

• Options
    Yeah that's the other benefit of being in Canada... 1 year of maternity leave paid! I haven't decided if I'll come back after, but the option is there anyways.. I don't know how they expect most of you girls in the States to go back after only a few months!
  • Options
    LuffJooLuffJoo member

A few months?!  LOL

In california they only have to give women 6 weeks...and I dont think they have to pay you even...Im not 100% on that though...I'm hoping to be competitive they at least offer more than that...

Buuuut, thats why when you want kids, you find a job with maternity benefits... 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"