August 2012 Moms
Options

The Conversation (NBR)

I'm watching "The Conversation" on Lifetime.  The interviewer asked "what would you say to your 14 year old self?" It really got me thinking...

I would tell me to just hang in there, life gets so much better! 

So, what would you say to your 14 year old self?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: The Conversation (NBR)

• Options
    imageMommyMelRN:

I'm watching "The Conversation" on Lifetime.  The interviewer asked "what would you say to your 14 year old self?" It really got me thinking...

Honestly, I'd tell myself to make better decisions about who I was with. Because my life would be so much different. 

• Options
    That boyfriend of yours...not that grand. He smells like poop.
    image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

imageBemyselfandi:
    That boyfriend of yours...not that grand. He smells like poop.

Yep, my teenage years wasted.

Also, I should have been nicer to my younger brother. I feel like I messed him up somehow...

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I would say... work harder in school and choose a different career path.

• Options
    Get better grades and seriously think about going to Community College for 2 years before you start getting yourself into so much student loan debt.

Baby Girl Lennon born sleeping 6-18-11 Baby Boy Anderson born healthy and happy 8-17-12 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    I just thought of another one....Stop making fun of people that like Lord of The Rings, I know you can't imagine it now, but someday you are going to be a huge fan!

Baby Girl Lennon born sleeping 6-18-11 Baby Boy Anderson born healthy and happy 8-17-12 Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options

You will get past your awkward stage eventually. You'll grow 6 inches, learn to manage your wavy hair, end up with a good smile/mouth after the countless years of dental work, and boys will actually begin to pay attention to you.

I was quite a late bloomer...

WEBONLY_NOPRINT_DSC_1509-2-2236294072-O
    DS #1 Born: 10/03/06, DS #2 Born: 08/06/12 My Cooking Blog
  • Options

Oh boy, I would have fun with this.

• Don't choose boys over friends.
    • Dump him after you found out he cheated on you. He wasn't worth your time anyway, let her have him.
    • It will become much, much harder to stay skinny. And if you don't work at it, you will gain weight. And it will suck when your clothes don't fit.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I would tell my 14 year old self to climb to the top of the Eiffel Tower with the group instead of following that loser around. :)

I would tell myself to get cuter underwear. Really, it's too embarrassing.

I would tell myself to study harder.

I would tell myself to give my mom more courage to divorce my dad.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    imagekikimo327:
    imageMommyMelRN:

Sounds cliche, but to not marry the first guy that comes along because you think you'll never find anyone else.  I had a JLo-esque, 18 month marriage around the age of 26 because I was convinced X was the only guy for me.  I finally came to my senses and three years later, I met DH, who is an AWESOME guy... and probably someone I would have never dated in my early 20s. 

I had a Kardashian-esque 6 monther!

• Options
    1. Branch out and makes friends besides your BFF - she will become a pothead after high school, but it's because of her that you meet your future DH
    2. Just because she were invisible in middle school, doesn't mean you need to tarnish your reputation for a little attention in high school
    3. You will meet the man of your dreams ... but you'll have to kiss some frogs and have your heart broken first in order to meet him :)

• Options
    imageC_mo:

1. Your BFF is a (foul language TB won't let me say but it rhymes with hunt). There is a reason you're the only one who can stand her, and that isn't going to change over time. Ditch the b!tch and go find some quality friends who care about you. 

Yeah, that would have worked for me too...except she did care about me, she just cared WAAAAAAAAY more about herself than anyone else! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options

Do NOT start smoking, it will take you 14 years before you can kick the horrible habbit

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Scarlet Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

Don't break up with your first love because another boy is paying more attention to you. Talk it out with him and see what the relationship needs. Frig. Talk about your feelings/needs/relationship expectations period! Your needs are important!

Be more choosy in regards to boys you date. (This was after ^^ break up. I can honestly say now that the break up was just as traumatic to me -even though I was the one to initiate it).

Never date people from work. EVER.

Say no more often. People will still like you if you speak your mind.

You know those stupid people who didn't talk to you/made your life miserable when you first moved to the City/New school? They were jealous of your talent. Ignore them, and stay true to yourself. The rest will come to see how great you are.

Do your post-grad degree right after your bachelor's! You might not be laid off right now if you had more seniority.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Yes, your mom is getting mentally unstable but dont let it stop you from going for your goals. Dont give up your v card just because your mother is blaming you for her life choices. You look great. You dont need to loose more weight. You are not your mother's keeper. She made her choices, she choice her path. Forgive your dad, it will help you pick out men better, and help you become a better wife.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"