February 2012 Moms
Options

ugh...i have a baby ya know

A friend of mine is getting engaged tonight and her family is throwing a surprise a "bling bling you got a ring" party.  They just told me about it today and its only for the wedding party and family.  They don't think the party will start until 9PM!  They said I could bring DD which is very kind, but that is way past her bedtime and her naps suck right now.  DH is out of town so he can't stay home with her....I really want to go and feel like I should go, but I really don't want to take DD since 1.) it would be almost 2-3 hrs past her bedtime before we got home 2.) I dont want 20 different people wanting to hold her.  Should I go and just hope that she will nap while I'm there and not let anyone hold her or do you think it would be fine to just stay home?  Surely they would understand...
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
3month11

Re: ugh...i have a baby ya know

• Options
    I'm sure they'll understand. I certainly wouldn't be going if I were you.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    aglennaglenn member
    I guess it depends on how close this friend is and how badly you want to be there, but personally I would lean towards not going.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageAinslie325:

If I didn't have someone to watch my son, I wouldn't go to a 9PM party.  Well past his bedtime and not fair to him.  Sometimes, I just have to decline.

Side note: if she's getting engaged tonight and the party is a surprise, how does her family know who the wedding party is? 

hehehehe...its kind of weird.  I guess they had decided or she had decided they knew they were getting married so she started planning her wedding.  When I say plan I mean she PLANNED.  She picked a date, bought bridesmaid dresses, bought decorations, picked out her dress, got a location, etc etc... I know its very backwards, but thats just how she is and we all just go along with it.  He is proposing tonight, which is good since the wedding is scheduled for september

3month11
  • Options
    noryangnoryang member
    imagehayliedc:
    imageAinslie325:

If I didn't have someone to watch my son, I wouldn't go to a 9PM party.  Well past his bedtime and not fair to him.  Sometimes, I just have to decline.

Side note: if she's getting engaged tonight and the party is a surprise, how does her family know who the wedding party is? 

hehehehe...its kind of weird.  I guess they had decided or she had decided they knew they were getting married so she started planning her wedding.  When I say plan I mean she PLANNED.  She picked a date, bought bridesmaid dresses, bought decorations, picked out her dress, got a location, etc etc... I know its very backwards, but thats just how she is and we all just go along with it.  He is proposing tonight, which is good since the wedding is scheduled for september

Tongue TiedIndifferentHuh?

Not much of a surprise then is it?

I wouldn't take DD to a party like this. I imagine that it will be loud and a bit boisterous. Not an environment that MY DD does well in.

Soon to be Big Sister Eowyn - DOB February 2012
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
     BabyFruit Ticker

My family is a Foreign Service family. Families like mine are posted in every corner of the globe. We live our lives away from family, friends and the conviences and comforts of home. We often live and work in dangerous places among those that misunderstand our intentions and purposes. Sometimes members of our ranks sacrifice our lives to further diplomacy.  Please remember that we serve too. And I'm always open to questions.

• Options

haha i had a friend like that!

i would just call her tomorrow and skip the party.  now if it was the actual wedding that would be a different story. 

Pregnancy Ticker
    image image
  • Options
    LawrenLawren member

I personally wouldn't take LO that late. I would have someone watch him for me and go.

Side note: I love that picture of your LO. So adorable!

• Options
    I think it really depends on your baby.  I know that my LO would probably lose it being up that late in such a loud environment.  If I didn't have anyone to watch him, I probably wouldn't go.  But, again, really depends on your babe.  I know plenty of babies that would be ok being out past their bedtime and would adjust just fine. You know your baby best.  Do what makes you comfortable! :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    A month ago when Eli was predictable and could sleep through anything, I would have voted to go. But not now. Since it's not really a huge surprise and she has everything planned, I'd skip and just congratulate her tomorrow.
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • Options
    imageLawren:

I personally wouldn't take LO that late. I would have someone watch him for me and go.

Side note: I love that picture of your LO. So adorable!

Thanks! I took it in our backyard one day when she was in a pretty good mood.  I'm glad I did, because I've tried a couple of times since and she refuses...hahaha

3month11
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"