Cloth Diapering

fb status

I just want to put on my fb status how much I love cloth diapering to get people to ask me questions and get the word out. The non parents will probably think Im crazy. Anybody do this? What kind of reactions did you get?

Thx!

Re: fb status

• I post odd and end comments about cloth on my FB.  I never realized how many of my friends use CD's and I've influenced some to try CD's. 

Since it's warmer my DS has just been wearing his CD and a shirt in public where appropriate and I've been getting questions and comments all the time. 

• You know your audience but I feel like some people might think you're just saying that bc you think you're better. I'd say something like ugh can't stop buying cute cloth diapers, or something along that line.
  • Loading the player...
  • Ya I definately don't feel like Im better. I just feel like some people don't know the new "cloth". After a friend posted about what diapers people used for a boy. I was the only person that said cloth out of like 15 or so people :-( sniff sniff
  • I agree wth pp would said you might end up looking like you're thinking like you're better than other people.

You could always post a pic of your kid in the cloth diaper though with a caption "DS loves his cloth diapers!"  one of my friends did this and it came off much better. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageLilBlkDress1:

I agree wth pp would said you might end up looking like you're thinking like you're better than other people.

You could always post a pic of your kid in the cloth diaper though with a caption "DS loves his cloth diapers!"  one of my friends did this and it came off much better. 

Ya - youre probably right. :-)

• My friends know I'm crunchy and most of them CD too, so I posted a picture of the loot I got from GMD last week.  I've posted on my FB about my Lunette cup before, so reusable sanitary products aren't very shocking to my friends/family.
    Twin boys due 7/25/12
  • Just putting it out there on FB sounds kind of elitist to me. Maybe just post some pix and say something like look how cute xx looks in her diaper or it's too hot to wear anything but a diaper today!

Or, you could always set up a blog and talk about whatever you want!! I've done a few posts on CDing.

BFP #1: 3.28.11 Dx w/ PIH @ 24w DS Born @ 36w: 11.7.11 6 Days in NICU
    BFP #2: 8.31.16 Dx w/ GD @ 28w DD Born @ 36w: 4.21.17

• If you posted something like "I love my new pattern/brand cloth diaper!" I wouldn't think much of it.

If you posted something like "I love cloth diapering, it helps me sleep better at night knowing my child isn't exposed to the horrid chemicals and I'm not filling landfills with gross disposables" then I would think you're being a jerk lol.

imageimage
  • I posted a status and pics from the Great Cloth Diaper Change, but that's about as direct as I'll get. My LO just *happens* to be sporting cute fluff in some of the pics I post of him. ;)
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • TwirpleTwirple member
    I posted a vid of DS climbing the stairs wearing just a t shirt and RAR.  I didn't say anything about the CD, but someone asked what kind of diaper cover we were using so I was able to explain what it was.
    Chase was born 4/23/2011
    Carlene was born 4/18/2014                          A14 siggy challenge:  Junk Food
    image  image image

• I've posted pics of my stash and E in diapers, or excitement on new diapers arriving. The comments I've gotten are just about the cuteness.
        image  image

• Thanks everybody! At least you guys understand. :-)
  • I'd be happy for one of my friends to post a CD status!! I even hunt their pics to see if their kid is wearing cloth lol
  • imageHALFM00N:
    I'd be happy for one of my friends to post a CD status!! I even hunt their pics to see if their kid is wearing cloth lol

lol! nIce!

• LisaKF3LisaKF3 member
    I've posted two pics on my FB about how cute they are!  I mean CDs are just so dang adorable and cute, can't  help myself
    About to be 2 under 2 up in here!

BabyFetus Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"