May 2012 Moms
Options

Just a vent...

DD2 was born with congenital CMV. Of course we want to do everything we can to provide the best outcome for her which means we need lots of info from lots of doctors and lots of tests. However, having a newborn and so many appointments each week is exhausting. Her first week home we had three doc appointments, one being an appointment discussing whether or not to put her on a very risky clinical trial drug. Her second week she had two doc appointments. This week she has two doc appointments one with a top researcher on CMV who encouraged us to do the treatment and changed her status from asymptomatic to symptomatic (which was a big hit to the emotions). It's so much running and waiting and phone calls and paper work. I know it's what's best for her, but it gets exhausting. Her local pedi is the closest at 1/2 hr away. The other two docs are between 1 1/2 and 2 hrs away. So far she's had 8 tubes of blood drawn (two seperate events) an eye exam, today is her head u/s and next week is her hearing test. This momma is tired. And to make things more complex tomorrow is DD1's last day of daycare for the summer, so I'll have 2u2 all summer with DD2 needing weekly labs if we do this trial drug.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Just a vent...

• Options
    Tippy05Tippy05 member

I can't imagine what you're going through!  Sounds like things are crazy busy for you and I hope that all works out with DD. 

You're doing a great job and although it sounds like this summer will be tough, know that you're a great mom and doing the best you can for your family.

Hang in there momma!! 

• Options
    DrRxDrRx member
    I'm sorry you are having to go through so much with your LO.  I know how hard it can be juggling with the multiple MD appointments, although I'm fortunate that all of Adalyn's MDs are no more than 30 minutes away.  ((hugs))
    TTC Since July 2008.
    Me: PCOS DH: Low everything (MFI)
    Clomid with TI x 3 2010 BFN
    Clomid+IUI+Ovidrel 2010 BFN
    IVF w/ICSI #1 2011
    9/8/11 Beta #1: 2082!! 9/19/11 Beta#2 34,689!! U/S 9/22/11 HR 127! 11/8/11 HR 150! 12/6/11 HR 136! 12/14/11 HR 139! Born at 26w2d on 2/4/2012! After 83 days in the NICU, Adalyn came home on 4/26/12!
    FET 1 3/2013 BFN
    FET 2 5/2013 BFN
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I can't even imagine what you are going through! I will pray for you for strength and for your baby girl for the very best outcome!!
    --Danielle :-)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"