February 2012 Moms
Options

s/o transition to crib . . . how much longer for pack and play?

I know the bassinet feature of the pack and play is limited to 15 lbs, but LO is almost 13 lbs based on Saturday's 3 month appt and she gained 2 lbs in a month.  So if she stays on track, she's going to outgrow the pack and play by the end of June.  I'm bummed!  I'm so used to seeing her when I wake up and watching TV or reading in bed with her right next to me.  I know she had to go in the crib in her room eventually, but I am not ready!  Now that she sleeps through the night, she's a joy to have nearby.  Is anyone using the pack and play bassinet and pushing the 15 lb limit?
Image and  video hosting by TinyPic
Baby  Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: s/o transition to crib . . . how much longer for pack and play?

• Options
    Can't you just lower the mattress?  It is rated to 30 lbs. for the non-bassinet use.  It would be just like the lower setting on a crib once they can sit up, right?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

FACEBOOK FEB 12 BUMPIES ADMIN - POST & PM ME TO JOIN 

• Options
    I still lay DD in her pnp bassinet to play (she never stays in long though - she refuses to nap there). We moved her from the cradle to the crib at 2.5 months. It was so hard at first! I had the monitor turned up so I can hear every breath! She was fine though and thats actually when she started sleeping 9-10 hrs! We believe she's more comfortable with the mattress - plus she's always loved her room and mobile - so she's comfy there. Over time - I started turning down the monitor and felt a lot better. I was a wreck the 1st week though. It'll be ok! I just chalked it up with all those tough things - putting away the newborn clothes, next size diapers, etc. We get past it - its just tough is all. We are all there with you!
                    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Lilypie - (K6Db)

imageimageimage

TTC #2 since 10/2013

BFP #1 (4.14.14) ~ CP (4.18.14)

BFP #2 (6.27.14) ~ EDD 3.7.15

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    dmsnydmsny member

imagekristin172429:
    Can't you just lower the mattress?  It is rated to 30 lbs. for the non-bassinet use.  It would be just like the lower setting on a crib once they can sit up, right?

True, but I'm guessing it's going to be a b!tch to lift her in and out of there. 

• Options
    has you DD slept in the PNP since the beginning?  i can't get DS to sleep in it at all. i try everyday to get him to nap there but no luck.  he will sleep in his crib, stroller, carseat, even the floor!  but not in the PNP.  i was hoping to use it when we travel.  does any one elses little one have this issue?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
    image image
  • Options
    dmsnydmsny member

imagemeredity11:
    has you DD slept in the PNP since the beginning?  i can't get DS to sleep in it at all. i try everyday to get him to nap there but no luck.  he will sleep in his crib, stroller, carseat, even the floor!  but not in the PNP.  i was hoping to use it when we travel.  does any one elses little one have this issue?

Yep, she went in the PNP from the first night we came home.  She's slept in that, the swing, the RNP, the bouncer.  But we have not actually tried the crib! 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"