Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

XP: LO graduated! (Torticollis related)

We found out LO had Torticollis a few days after he was born. His Tort was severe but he did not have flat head syndrome (Plagiocephaly) which is sometimes common in children with Torticollis. LO has been going to a physical therapist every 2 weeks since he was 6 weeks old, in addition to his assigned daily "exercises" at home. We have seen a major improvement the last few months and LO now has full rotation of both sided of his neck. Today was his last PT appointment! I was in tears when she told us we don't need to come back. His therapist was WONDERFUL! She gave him a hug and a kiss and asked us to bring him by when he is walking so she can see how big he got. I just wanted to post this for others going though physical therapy and let you know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Babies are amazingly resilient and can overcome anything!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
My Blog
Dream of a better world...where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Re: XP: LO graduated! (Torticollis related)

• Options
    That's awesome!  Congrats to you and your little guy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

imageBelleWithABlade:
    That's awesome!  Congrats to you and your little guy.

Thank you!!! :)

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    My Blog
    Dream of a better world...where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Congrats!! My DS had severe torticollis too. When we started PT, the therapist (who was also wonderful) told us that in a few months, this would just be a bad dream. Two years later, she was right!! Ranging him daily at home was the worst. He would SCREAM every time. Torture!

Just wated to say that I could relate, and Im happy for you that its over!!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"