Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

XP: LO graduated!! (Torticollis related)

We found out LO had Torticollis a few days after he was born. His Tort was severe but he did not have flat head syndrome (Plagiocephaly) which is sometimes common in children with Torticollis. LO has been going to a physical therapist every 2 weeks since he was 6 weeks old, in addition to his assigned daily "exercises" at home. We have seen a major improvement the last few months and LO now has full rotation of both sided of his neck. Today was his last PT appointment! I was in tears when she told us we don't need to come back. His therapist was WONDERFUL! She gave him a hug and a kiss and asked us to bring him by when he is walking so she can see how big he got. I just wanted to post this for others going though physical therapy and let you know that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Babies are amazingly resilient and can overcome anything!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
My Blog
Dream of a better world...where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.

Re: XP: LO graduated!! (Torticollis related)

• Options

That's great!  Thanks for the encouragement, we're dealing with this now.  Only realised he had torticollis at his 4 month appointment.  We like our PT though, and hopefully we will have a similar story to yours not to long from now!

• Options
    imagekjcb:

That's great!  Thanks for the encouragement, we're dealing with this now.  Only realised he had torticollis at his 4 month appointment.  We like our PT though, and hopefully we will have a similar story to yours not to long from now!

Awesome! I hope so too!

My Blog
    Dream of a better world...where chickens can cross the road without having their motives questioned.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    This is so great to hear. It gives me a little hope. I've been very upset at my LO's torticollis diagnosis because I had concerns at his 2 month appt and pediatrician said everything was normal. Well, now the PT says they were early warning signs so he is just starting PT at 4 1/2 months. I feel like it could have been so much improved by now if my pediatrician had taken my concerns seriously. My LO screams and cries worse than when he gets shots when we do the exercises at home and when we take him to PT. It breaks my heart and I feel like he is going to start hating me since I am inflicting these painful exercises on me. =(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    raefreraefre member

Thank you for the encouragement! When we first talked about torticollis with the doctor, I cried all the way home (I felt like I somehow failed by not catching it earlier or pushing the doctor to see my concerns earlier).  We started physical therapy today and am hoping it ends as well as your child's PT did.

• Options

imagebrideinsummer04:
    This is so great to hear. It gives me a little hope. I've been very upset at my LO's torticollis diagnosis because I had concerns at his 2 month appt and pediatrician said everything was normal. Well, now the PT says they were early warning signs so he is just starting PT at 4 1/2 months. I feel like it could have been so much improved by now if my pediatrician had taken my concerns seriously. My LO screams and cries worse than when he gets shots when we do the exercises at home and when we take him to PT. It breaks my heart and I feel like he is going to start hating me since I am inflicting these painful exercises on me. =(

Sorry he is having a hard time! Hope it gets easier for you SOON!

My Blog
  • Options
    imageraefre:

Thank you for the encouragement! When we first talked about torticollis with the doctor, I cried all the way home (I felt like I somehow failed by not catching it earlier or pushing the doctor to see my concerns earlier).  We started physical therapy today and am hoping it ends as well as your child's PT did.

Good luck with PT! I hope things go great for your LO! :)

My Blog
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"