December 2011 Moms

UO thursday

2»

Re: UO thursday

• Also, the Grandparent thing irks me because I think it's cultural for some families to be more involved than others. I come from an Italian family and my grandparents helped raise me. Now that lo is here, my parents and my grandparents are super involved. Not because Im not capable but because that's just how our family is. And I love it. 
  • imageruby soho:
    imageMrsT2008:
    imageXtine22:
    imageHappily Overwhelmed:

imageMrsT2008:
    I don't think you can say your baby is STTN if you dreamfeed.  I also think dreamfeeds are stupid

I don't really know what a "dreamfeed" is....Embarrassed

I don't either..

basically, going in to feed baby when they're sleeping (like when you're going to bed) to try to prevent them from waking up in the middle of the night.  The idea is that baby doesn't really wake up, but eats (hence, dream feed).

How is this stupid?

My baby eats 50% of her intake while she is sleeping. It's the only way to get her to eat without her fighting it. She refuses to eat while awake most of the time but will happily suck down a bottle in her sleep.

it's just my opinion that it's stupid.  I think it delays having to deal with the problem.  Your situation is definitely not the norm (I don't think) and given that, I can't say I blame you for doing it.  My opinion revolves more around those that do it just to prevent a middle of the night wake-up.  The reason I that is stupid is because at some point you have to stop feeding them in the middle of the night and who's to say you won't have middle of the night wake-ups then?  why delay the inevitable?  I'm also not big on doing anything that requires a transition later if I can help it.  That's why DD has been in her crib in her room since the day we brought her home.  It's why I try not to nurse her to sleep at bedtime.  It's why I don't ever let her sleep in our bed. 

AVT - 12.2.11

LCT - 5.15.14 ~ 9lbs, 22.5 inches

• Loading the player...
  • imageMrsT2008:
    I don't think you can say your baby is STTN if you dreamfeed.  I also think dreamfeeds are stupid

This and if your 15 month old wakes up at 5am and you have to warm him a bottle of milk before he goes back to sleep, he is not STTN.  I have  a friend who has always said her son slept through the night from a young age, well we stayed at her house for a few days and every morning she had to do this. 

• imageMrsT2008:

DS would never sleep through that! lol.

Stemming from this I don't believe that keeping your child up later will result in them sleeping later...or putting them to bed sooner (if they are tired) will result in them waking up sooner. My mother has been trying to preach this one too me for months. 

agreed.

on that same note, I think it's selfish of people who purposely keep their babies up late so they can spend time with them.  It's one thing if your baby naturally as a later bedtime, but if your baby is tired and read for bed before 8pm, PUT THEM TO BED (and not as a nap).  one of the best things you can do for your child is to help create healthy sleep habits.  

and if your baby "naps" after 6, then you need to make that bedtime.  they will probably stop treating it like a nap if you stop treating it like a nap.

I also hate the complaints of "ugh, my baby gets up at 6/7am"  babies and kids get up early - you will likely not be able to force them to sleep later, so suck it up.  

I also think Ferber knows his ***

I disagree.  DS is a cat napper but sttn. He always takes a nap a little after 6:30 pm...honestly sometimes as late as 7.  He wakes up after 30 min or so.  We have tried treating it like a bedtime and he always wakes up...and won't go back down like he would if it were night time.  We have tried many many times to get him to go to bed earlier.  I say what works for some does not work for every baby. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • imageNessie82:

imageMrsRucinski85:
    Mine is totally silly...

On Drawsomething I dont think you should be given letters to guess from or maybe they should not put them up till the drawing is over. IDK. Its called DRAWsomethign for a reason. You draw a pic and guess it based on what the person drew. Not based off the letters they give you.

I quit playing because everyone I got matched with wrote out the answer... It's a GAME people...play it! 

OH OH lets play! I love this game and DH refuses to get it. I play against my FIL and my distant cousin. lol

My S/N isnt very original.... its MrsRucinski85    lol.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm really starting to get sick of people stopping me everywhere I go because of my baby. I appreciate that you think my daughter is beautiful or that you love her hair but for the love of God just let me shop. I can't get through the grocery store, mall, Target, or anywhere without someone stopping me. Leave me alone.

Not trying to sound like a b!tch but it's literally every single store that I go into. Somebody has to say something and then start talking about their kid/niece/grandkid/cousin/friend'sbaby etc. I just want to get some bread, please stop.

Fastest year of my life. Lilypie First Birthday tickerswww.MyVacationCountdown.com Ticker
    imageimageimage
  • imageHisKonstantine:

I'm really starting to get sick of people stopping me everywhere I go because of my baby. I appreciate that you think my daughter is beautiful or that you love her hair but for the love of God just let me shop. I can't get through the grocery store, mall, Target, or anywhere without someone stopping me. Leave me alone.

Not trying to sound like a b!tch but it's literally every single store that I go into. Somebody has to say something and then start talking about their kid/niece/grandkid/cousin/friend'sbaby etc. I just want to get some bread, please stop.

I feel like I always agree with everything you say because it always sounds like you are talking about my life! We get this with Eleanor too. At least the flight attendant this week said "You hear this all the time don't you" after she got done gushing lol. 

BFP #2 - MC Aug 2012 - D&C w/ complications
    imageimage
  • imageMrsT2008:
    imageruby soho:
    imageMrsT2008:
    imageXtine22:

imageMrsT2008:

I don't really know what a "dreamfeed" is....Embarrassed

I don't either..

basically, going in to feed baby when they're sleeping (like when you're going to bed) to try to prevent them from waking up in the middle of the night.  The idea is that baby doesn't really wake up, but eats (hence, dream feed).

How is this stupid?

My baby eats 50% of her intake while she is sleeping. It's the only way to get her to eat without her fighting it. She refuses to eat while awake most of the time but will happily suck down a bottle in her sleep.

it's just my opinion that it's stupid.  I think it delays having to deal with the problem.  Your situation is definitely not the norm (I don't think) and given that, I can't say I blame you for doing it.  My opinion revolves more around those that do it just to prevent a middle of the night wake-up.  The reason I that is stupid is because at some point you have to stop feeding them in the middle of the night and who's to say you won't have middle of the night wake-ups then?  why delay the inevitable?  I'm also not big on doing anything that requires a transition later if I can help it.  That's why DD has been in her crib in her room since the day we brought her home.  It's why I try not to nurse her to sleep at bedtime.  It's why I don't ever let her sleep in our bed. 

Standing pretty high on that horse, aren't you? Lets go down your list of "accomplishments" shale we?

You dont agree with dream feeding and thats fine. But someone else may need that extra hour of sleep that they wouldn't otherwise get. We do what it takes to keep our sanity. It may not be the inevitable. It could just be a period of time before the baby can STTN without it.

It's all great that your DD has been in her crib since you brought her home but I know from personal experience that not all child sleep well in their crib. DD has been STTN (9pm-8am) in her RnP since 8 weeks. Should I really transition her to the crib so I don't have to do it later. Forcing her to do something she isn't ready for? Or can I let her stay their for a while because thats where she is most comfortable? I tried moving her to the crib for 2 weeks. It didn't go well so we will try again later.

Good for you for not nursing her to sleep (slow applause). I feed DD at night after her bath. If she falls asleep eating or if she finishes and then I lay her down, who cares? 

And lastly, we also are not letting DD sleep in our bed. But a few years down the road when your DD walks into your room having had a nightmare, what are you going to do then? Tell her "Hell no, go back to your own bed!"

And for my UO: I think MrsT2008's post seems more like she is bragging then really giving an UO. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Adalynn Priya Marie Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • It cracks me up how everyone gets defensive with the UO's here.  It's called "unpopular" for a reason- not everyone is going to agree.  It doesn't mean everyone's got to get all uppity and plead their story of why they do what they do. You're the parent and you know what works for you and your baby best- who gives a F*** what anyone else here thinks.

And, BTW, I think MrsT is about one of the least bragging posters on this board.  Disagree with her if you want to but she clearly said that her opinion is based on how she wants to parent. No need to jump on her for her opinion when she's not jumping on anyone else. 

BFP #1- 4/2011; DD Brynn born 12/2011

BFP #2- 7/13; EDD- 4/2/14; Lost DS at 20 weeks (11/16/13) due to cord accident

BFP #3- 3/14; EDD- 11/28/14; Lost DD at 15 weeks (6/7/14)- cause unknown

To my angels- I held you every second of your lives and I'll love you every second of mine.

• imagesunflwra:

It cracks me up how everyone gets defensive with the UO's here.  It's called "unpopular" for a reason- not everyone is going to agree.  It doesn't mean everyone's got to get all uppity and plead their story of why they do what they do. You're the parent and you know what works for you and your baby best- who gives a F*** what anyone else here thinks.

And, BTW, I think MrsT is about one of the least bragging posters on this board.  Disagree with her if you want to but she clearly said that her opinion is based on how she wants to parent. No need to jump on her for her opinion when she's not jumping on anyone else. 

Exactly my thoughts. Thanks for putting it out there.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Xtine22Xtine22 member
    imageHisKonstantine:

I'm really starting to get sick of people stopping me everywhere I go because of my baby. I appreciate that you think my daughter is beautiful or that you love her hair but for the love of God just let me shop. I can't get through the grocery store, mall, Target, or anywhere without someone stopping me. Leave me alone.

Oh, I agree. I told DH and inlaws on vacation after someone stopped us that I sometimes wish DD wasn't as cute as she is. They all gave me a strange look. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagealove4chevys:
    imagesunflwra:

It cracks me up how everyone gets defensive with the UO's here.  It's called "unpopular" for a reason- not everyone is going to agree.  It doesn't mean everyone's got to get all uppity and plead their story of why they do what they do. You're the parent and you know what works for you and your baby best- who gives a F*** what anyone else here thinks.

I agree with this. I guess my UO is that I get tired of the "this is boring"posts every week. I don't see any of them posting anything interesting in the thread.
    June 2016 April Siggy Challenge: Reasons my kid is crying

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imagehockeyfan42:
    imagealove4chevys:
    imagesunflwra:

I agree with this. I guess my UO is that I get tired of the "this is boring"posts every week. I don't see any of them posting anything interesting in the thread.

Thank you ladies!

haha, I'm not sure how this turned into a post where I was telling people what to do/not to do or whatever.  It's called UNPOPULAR OPINIONS.  I gave mine and in no way said any of it to brag - did I say anywhere that I think all babies should be in their cribs from day 1?  No.  I said that I try not to do things that will require a transition later.

You (general you) don't need to defend yourselves to me - your situation likely won't change my opinion anyway so what's the point in getting all worked up about it?  I don't expect my UO to change anyone else's opinion

AVT - 12.2.11

• oh, and just FTR - I'm not sure how you're comparing bed-sharing most/every night to a child having a nightmare years down the road.  not really the same thing at all, but nice try
    AVT - 12.2.11

• Snatch is one of the best movies ever made
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I hate blue moon but this summer honey wheat that came in Hs case is really good.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"