August 2011 Moms
Options

CIO and teething

LO is getting over a cold and he has 4 top teeth swollen and looks like they are coming through soon. His sleep for nighttime and naps have been horrible in the past week or two due to this. Pedi says i can let him CIO while sick and teething if i give him tylenol first. I didn't think this was true and was wondering if anyone else sleep/nap trained during sick/teething.

Now that he is getting over his cold i was going to start tonight but he is still teething and wasn't sure. Please HELP! I'm sick too and am starting to feel and look like a zombie! lol

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: CIO and teething

• Options
    We are going through the same thing. It's so hard to know what to do - and if he is crying from teething or just not wanting to fall asleep. I would follow your gut - it might be better just to ease up on the ST til those teeth come through and then go into sleep training boot camp when he is not in pain IMO. 
    BabyFruit Ticker   AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Options

imagehomediva:
    We are going through the same thing. It's so hard to know what to do - and if he is crying from teething or just not wanting to fall asleep. I would follow your gut - it might be better just to ease up on the ST til those teeth come through and then go into sleep training boot camp when he is not in pain IMO. 

I second this.  There will be many regressions while you're child grows.  Teething and illness are definitely on the list of things that affect sleep (as is travel).

So...  JMHO, I would wait it out. 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Sorry no advice but I can relate. Last night DD was up and I feel bad letting her CIO when shes in pain. I know its a little different but if I was screaming in pain I would want someone to comfort me, not CIO. 

I gave DD tylenol at 3am(our 3rd time up last night) and held her for about ten minutes, walking around the house in the dark. When I lied her down she started to cry, I closed her door but she was quiet within 2-3 minutes.  

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Fuzzy21Fuzzy21 member
    I have DS CIO all the time, regardless if he's 100% healthy, sick or teething.  If I go backwards when he's sick or teething, then I find that I have to start all over again when he is well. It's a cycle I don't want to do, so I just stay on the CIO bandwagon regardless
    imageimage

BFP #1 EDD 08/07/11 DS born 07/27/11 Welcome Mr. Smiley!
    BFP #2 05/28/12 EDD 02/03/13 Natural M/C 07/14/12 10w6d
    BFP #3 10/02/12 EDD 06/11/13 Please stick baby! Stick!

Sunshine_zps3fcf529f Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"