Childless not by choice

Amazing Amount of Lurkers

Wow!  I'm amazed at the amount of times posts are read on this board but very few people ever comment.   I wonder why that is?

BabyFruit Ticker

06.10.12 +HPT 06.12.12 Beta #1 = 2,770 06.14.12 Beta #2 = 6,300
1st U/S 06.18.12 2nd U/S 06.25.12
09.24.12 It's a Boy!! ---> Jacob Owen

Our IF Journey Began: October 2009
**8 Failed IUI's, 1 Blighted Ovum, & 1 Failed IVF**
Dx: MFI, DOR w/MTHFR Homozygous A1298C & Hypothyroidism
03.2012 Lab Results: FSH 6.83 AMH 0.67 TSH 3.8 E2 17
SA 156 million 93% motility 3% morphology

Follow Me on Pinterest
**~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~**

Re: Amazing Amount of Lurkers

• imagewickedsugar:

Because we are the Zoo of the Bump.. 

:: Waves Hi to all the Lurky Loo's::: 

Yes Love it!!

BabyFruit Ticker

06.10.12 +HPT 06.12.12 Beta #1 = 2,770 06.14.12 Beta #2 = 6,300
    1st U/S 06.18.12 2nd U/S 06.25.12
    09.24.12 It's a Boy!! ---> Jacob Owen

Our IF Journey Began: October 2009
    **8 Failed IUI's, 1 Blighted Ovum, & 1 Failed IVF**
    Dx: MFI, DOR w/MTHFR Homozygous A1298C & Hypothyroidism
    03.2012 Lab Results: FSH 6.83 AMH 0.67 TSH 3.8 E2 17
    SA 156 million 93% motility 3% morphology

Follow Me on Pinterest
    **~PAIF/SAIF Always Welcome~**
  • Yeah, this board gets a ton of lurkers. I think part of it may be that it moves so slowly. So posts stay at the top of the board for weeks. When people come over for a lurk-about, there are only so many posts for them to view. So all the posts end up with tons of views.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • I lurk here because my sister is child free not by choice, and I like to try and get an insight into what's going on for her, and ideas on what to or not say to her.

But I don't have much to say/am wary of causing hurt or offense over such a sensitive subject. 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• I'm a lurker and this should probably be my home board but until MH gives up on trying I can't officially move over here.  In my heart of hearts I know that child free is my future.  Just waiting for DH to come to terms too.
    TTC #1 since 9/07
    Dx MFI, AMA, Endo, AMH .16
    Lap 10/09 Removed endometrioma, stage IV endo and adhesions
    Lap 2/10 Endometrioma cysts & adhesions returned.
    Ivf #1 4/10 Antagonist, ET Cancelled.
    IVF #2 2/11 A/ACP+E2V C/P
    IVF #3 6/11 Letrozole/Antagonist BFN
    IVF #4 11/11 Low stim Antagonist BFN
    Lap 3/12 Lap & Selective HSG
    Many cycles of Letrozole and LP HCG w/TI and LDN
    IVF #5 8/12 Low stim BFN
    IUI #1 10/12 BFN br> S&PAIFW
  • imagewickedsugar:
    imageKateLouise:

I lurk here because my sister is child free not by choice, and I like to try and get an insight into what's going on for her, and ideas on what to or not say to her.

But I don't have much to say/am wary of causing hurt or offense over such a sensitive subject. 

Yet you find no harm in posting here.. Interesting..

Well I did think I was able to answer very specifically as to why I lurk here, yet seldom post, which was the topic of the OP.

But if I've caused hurt or offense.... 

Elizabeth 5yrs old Jane 3yrs old

• imageKateLouise:
    imagewickedsugar:
    imageKateLouise:

I lurk here because my sister is child free not by choice, and I like to try and get an insight into what's going on for her, and ideas on what to or not say to her.

Yet you find no harm in posting here.. Interesting..

Well I did think I was able to answer very specifically as to why I lurk here, yet seldom post, which was the topic of the OP.

But if I've caused hurt or offense.... 

A sig warning would at least be nice. Feel free to lurk, but you do not belong posting here, sorry.

The topic of the OP was the discrepancy between lurkers and posters. There are many lurkers because we're the zoo, as someone said. There are few posters because there are few of us in our situation. I don't think any of us called on people with babies in their sigs to answer that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • I stopped posting because after my intro apparently it was so unbelievable that I was called MUD and that sucked. 
  • imagebrandichamberlain:
    I stopped posting because after my intro apparently it was so unbelievable that I was called MUD and that sucked. 

https://community.thebump.com/cs/ks/forums/thread/59890226.aspx

All she did was give you some warning that your story is so rare that people may not believe it. She didn't even call you MUD - she said she thought it might be (based on few posts, which is kind of a tell-tale sign) and did some research and then felt bad for doubting you. She then went on to be incredibly helpful with some suggestions. Apparently you skipped all that.

And apparently it still bothers you so much that you've been hanging on to it for 7 months. Time to let go, because your statement above shows a severe case of over-reaction.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    P/SAIF Welcome
    Invisible Finish Line
    3T's Traveling Ovary Blog
    7DPO Progesterone: low. CD3 BW: normal, HSG: clear
    DX: severe MFI (low all 3) and low T. Undergoing replacement therapy.
  • nice call brooke :)

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• imagewickedsugar:

Because we are the Zoo of the Bump.. 

:: Waves Hi to all the Lurky Loo's::: 

Love it!! 

• I lurk here a lot because for 7 years I was told children wouldn't be in my future. However, by some miracle ( a combination of birth control and antibiotic) I got pregnant. Drs still can't believe that I actually conceived. I still sometimes can't believe it either. I don't ovulate so therefore I won't get my period unless I'm on birth  control. Drs still say that if and when I try to get pregnant again it most likely wont happen. I just keep my hopes up for all you ladies hoping to make your dreams come true!! I hope that one of these times someone will finally get their wish, that's why I lurk!

• imageMsJosie:

I lurk here a lot because for 7 years I was told children wouldn't be in my future. However, by some miracle ( a combination of birth control and antibiotic) I got pregnant. Drs still can't believe that I actually conceived. I still sometimes can't believe it either. I don't ovulate so therefore I won't get my period unless I'm on birth  control. Drs still say that if and when I try to get pregnant again it most likely wont happen. I just keep my hopes up for all you ladies hoping to make your dreams come true!! I hope that one of these times someone will finally get their wish, that's why I lurk!

I feel like I don't have the right to post since I left this board (maybe will be back on) but do you even know what this board means? Jeez louise...think people think.

ME:46 MH:44 DE IVF 2014
    Met with RE 4/11. 2 IUI's BFN. DE best option. Switched clinics to do "shared" program. Had to retake all tests and a mamm that put me behind and then on a DE waiting list for 12 months. Picked a donor!! (10/13/13) Got matched. Estimated transfer in December. After 2.5 years of patiently waiting I will finally cycle....can hardly believe it. DE cycle got cancelled. One of her tests came back positive.  Waiting for another donor. Donor picked!! (1/18/14)

DE IVF #1 (4/26) BFN  DE FET #1 (6/4) BFP! Beta 1=339 Beta 2=852 Beta 3=9957 EDD 2/22/15!!

imageimage 
         image   imageimage

• First of all, yes I do know what this board means. Second of all there are many reasons that some are CFNBC. But, for the some out there who aren't CFNBC due to life and death health reasons, God has ways sometimes. I understand the hostility here and I apologize if I offended anyone. I was just stating my situation as to why I lurk here. How does one not ovulate but yet conceives? Miracle perhaps?? I apologize again everyone. I sympathize.
  • Can we cut Kate a break? There was a question and she provided an answer.
  • If you all want to know why people lurk and dont post but then criticize them for answering you, then there is your answer.  there are all sorts of reasons why someone visits this board, and MAYBE it was because some of us have been there with you, but the fact that you condemn us because we were blessed with a child is hypocritical. get over your pity party. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ditto to that! some of the ladies who have replied have had problems in the past and are trying to help. 
  • imageDulzeRod:
    ditto to that! some of the ladies who have replied have had problems in the past and are trying to help. 

Then those ladies should be posting on 3T or infertility...NOT child-free not by choice. 

PAIF/SAIF welcome
    PCOS-IR / Hypothyroid
    IUI#1-3: 100mg Clomid + Ovidrel trigger = BFN
    imageimageimage
  • I often "lurk" in the CFNBC forums because I have been TTC for 5+ years and am curious as to what the state of mind is. Because I might be making the transition.  I am not gawking, I am looking for comfort.  This is agonizing stuff for everyone.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"