Babies: 3 - 6 Months
Options

Anyone use aquaphor? Dry skin/eczema related.

My LO started to get very dry feeling legs when she was about 2 months. She is 13 weeks today. Her skin felt like it had a graniness to it. You could FEEL the roughness/bumps but not see them. After switching bath soaps, lotions, bathing less there was zero change. So I started putting aquaphor on her and STILL no change. Now it looks like little red bumps on her legs. This came up  two days ago. I'm not sure if this is acne (if the aquaphor plugged her pores) or it is in fact eczema and it's getting worse??? Anyone use this stuff with good results? I don't know what else to do :/
Follow Me on Pinterest Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Anyone use aquaphor? Dry skin/eczema related.

• Options
    wychetswychets member

imagemclere:
    My LO started to get very dry feeling legs when she was about 2 months. She is 13 weeks today. Her skin felt like it had a graniness to it. You could FEEL the roughness/bumps but not see them. After switching bath soaps, lotions, bathing less there was zero change. So I started putting aquaphor on her and STILL no change. Now it looks like little red bumps on her legs. This came up  two days ago. I'm not sure if this is acne (if the aquaphor plugged her pores) or it is in fact eczema and it's getting worse??? Anyone use this stuff with good results? I don't know what else to do :/

Ughhh story of my life lol...DD has very sensitive/ dry skin. We also switched soaps, detergent, and everything else...We are currently using Aveeno eczema theraphy and it works wonders!!! Great results within 2 days, I also mixed it with Vaseline. We use Cetaphil soap and ALL free&clear for laundry. GL!!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I have had great results with Aquaphor, but I have to apply it several times a day.  My son had similar issues with extremely rough (sandpaper like feeling) on his head. 

We also used the Aveeno eczema lotion, but Aquaphor seemed to work better for us.  It seems like the things that work for one baby do not necessarily work for another baby. Good luck. 

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    My pedi LOVES aquaphor.  We use it for baths, but still put lotion on after the bath because she has dry legs too.  Our pedi even suggested aquaphor for diaper rash, but we found that Butt Paste worked so much better.  I really don't see what's so great about aquaphor, but haven't used anything else to compare.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Lily-Ann has had eczema since 4 wks.  Now that its under control, hers sounds similar to what you are describing (it was way worse when it started).  We use scent-fee Aveeno baby wash, scent-free Aveeno baby lotion, and have a rx steroid oil.  I lotion her up twice a day even if her skin feels good.  I only have to use the oil a couple of times a wk now.  It is a low dosage, so I don't feel as worried about using it as the first cream the pedi had us on.  Aveeno also sells a eczema bath soak.  I haven't tried that yet though. 

• Options

I second the Vanicream!We've been using it for 2 weeks now, and LO's skin finally feels hydrated.I use it at least 5 times a day at diaper changes.

I do use Aquaphor though, and I love it.I use it after baths all over her body, or when the skin gets red but it's not bad enough for steroids just yet.

I find, that it's a lot of trial and error, as every baby reacts differently to these creams.Aveeno and California baby did not work for us at all (the latter caused a horrible reaction). 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    mcleremclere member
    imageLeah&Jack:

The BEST thing I have ever used was Vanicream. My pediatrician uses it on her own kids. If you don't see it at your pharmacy, ask the pharmacist.

I won't use Aquaphor because of the lanolin. I'm very sensitive to it, so I can't have it on my kids. I know it's worked for others. 

I found this on lanolin...hmm. https://www.exederm.com/lanolin-free-skincare.html

I've been using this skincare line for her for about 3 weeks but I don't see improvement in her hydration. After I use up the stuff I have I think I'm either going to try the Cetaphil (in the tub) or the Vanicream. I saw it at my local Walgreens today.

Follow Me on Pinterest Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We use Aquaphoras our regular lotion.  My DS has also struggled with excemza as have I.  My pedi said it was fine to use over the counter hydrocortizone cream just like I use for my excemza.  Works great!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"