Two Under 2

Did we have our first ever DD?

There was a post here last night about being p!ssed that her MIL gave her DD soda.  It was over the top and she sounded BSC.... I was pretty sure it was MUD, but I don't see it today.  Anyone know what happened?  This board doesn't get a lot of responses I don't see why someone would try to stir up drama here!

ETA: I'm not in the camp of giving your 15 month old soda, but she flipped out on everyone, that's why I said "over the top".... My 6 1/2 year old just had his first sip of soda last week (and he didn't like it, YAY!)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
 Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)

Re: Did we have our first ever DD?

• Yeah you're right, I don't see that post anymore. lol Wow we're really nice on this board too - -f we made someone DD, they will never survive on the rest of TB.

My 2yo helped herself to her first taste of soda one day when I stepped outside to check the mail. Stupid me, I forgot that DH can't pay attention to anything else while the TV is on, and I left the kids in the house with him. I hear London screaming like a banshee with excitement while I'm outside, and I walk back in and she bursts out with "Mommy I love your drink!"

• imagemoonfaerie:

Yeah you're right, I don't see that post anymore. lol Wow we're really nice on this board too - -f we made someone DD, they will never survive on the rest of TB.

My 2yo helped herself to her first taste of soda one day when I stepped outside to check the mail. Stupid me, I forgot that DH can't pay attention to anything else while the TV is on, and I left the kids in the house with him. I hear London screaming like a banshee with excitement while I'm outside, and I walk back in and she bursts out with "Mommy I love your drink!"

The bold is fricken hysterical!

No one was mean to her, I just called her on it, and went to bed... got up this morning expecting a post about "no, its real.... blagh, blagh blagh" and it was gone Stick out tongue

Lilypie - (HKbp)Lilypie - (WKbt)
     Lilypie - (2DqE)  Lilypie - (1KYE)
    Lilypie - (RlhZ)Lilypie - (1CAm)
  • Loading the player...
  • I was with you thinking it was SO over the top.  Interesting about it being DDed!
    O 10.08 & MJ 6.10
  • imageMammaBear81:
    imagemoonfaerie:

Yeah you're right, I don't see that post anymore. lol Wow we're really nice on this board too - -f we made someone DD, they will never survive on the rest of TB.

The bold is fricken hysterical! 

I agree. It's late and I can't stop laughing! I should have gone to bed hours ago... 

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
    DD born 5/15/11
    DS born 11/12/12
  • I sort of disagree with you, I don't think it was MUD.

I do agree that she sounded BSC, but I think there was more back story than she was telling us (isn't there always?)  It sounded to me like the sweet tea incident was the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak and she finally flipped.

I have a great relationship with my inlaws, but they are always late.  Not a little bit late, hours late, and sometimes a day or more late.  (they live 3 hours away).  In fact,  when our baby was born we had a huge amount of family in town, so I made schedules for everyone so everyone could visit in the hospital (we were there a few days for complications).  On the day my ILs were supposed to be there at their time to see the baby, they were 3 hours late and only had 30 minutes to visit before their drive home.  They were 10 minutes away in a hotel, how could they be 3 freaking hours late?  They had better things to do in the hotel than come see their newborn grandbaby?  It's absolutely absurd, my DH was LIVID.  No excuses either.

So anyway, recently we were at their house where DH grew up and they told us they would watch the kids so we could go to lunch at 1pm.  They said they had to stop by the grocery store on the way to get milk, and I asked her if she could pick up some Welch's fruit snacks for my son.  They got home at 3:30pm.  By then we were starving and had already eaten and we were going out to dinner with my BIL in 2 hours, it was too late.  But MIL said nothing, and whipped out the Dora fruit snacks she got for DS, and I was so pissed, I said, "He actually doesn't like those, he's not going to eat them."  It was stupid and petty and bitchy and totally absurd, but my anger was completely misplaced.  What I really meant to say is "What the hell is wrong with you, how can you be consistently hours late when we talk about this issue EVERY time?"

So anyway, I've flipped out like an idiot based on principal.  The way she acted towards her inlaws was really rude and inappropriate, but so was the way her DH disrespected her in front of them.  She was being immature and needs to reevaluate the way she acted and apologize, but I don't think it was bad enough to be MUD.  There just needs to be a sitdown. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"