January 2013 Moms
Options

Glad for the Forum

Hi, everyone,

First, I've been enjoying the posts so far!  They've really been helpful,and they helped put my mind at ease.  I'm in this funky phase where my husband and I are waiting to tell people until we hear a heartbeat, but we're so excited, we can't stop thinking about it (this could be our first kid)!  We only told a few close people, some who already have kids or are pregnant now, and some of them are having different symptoms than me.  I try to only bring up "babies" once in the conversation, and I ask about their pregnancies, but they're already tired of the baby talk.  I'd talk to my parents, but we've been a little estranged, and while we're on good terms, I wouldn't open up about questions I have with them.

I guess I'm just feeling a little let down.  People always told me that everyone gets excited about pregnancies (and it took me a long time to get excited about deciding to become pregnant), but now that I'm here, I can't talk about it.

Has anyone ever felt the same way?  My poor husband is being a trooper and talking to me about it.  I think once my fall activities start up again it will help (or when I feel worse and hate being pregnant), but I'm dying until then.

In a not so small nut-shell, thank you for being an outlet when I need to get rid of my baby craze. :-)

BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Glad for the Forum

• Options
    I know what you mean... I'm the first in my circle of close friends to have a baby (many of them aren't married yet either), so I try not to overdo the baby talk with the few that know I'm pregnant. It's nice to have a place like this to vent the crazy rollercoaster of emotions that comes with pregnancy, especially with people who are going through the same thing! Big Smile Much love to all my fellow January 2013 mommas!
    imageimageimage
    26 years old, married since June 2009, DS born 1/19/13
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Dear Baby Pacheco...
  • Options
    Reyka9Reyka9 member
    Congrats and welcome!  Yes, I find TB to be a great place to talk about all these things.  Let's face it, once you decide to TTC and then finally get that BFP, babies pretty much take over your brain.  If you're in a situation like many of us are where you feel it's just too early to go public with the information, talking to other moms in the same boat on TB is very helpful!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    TK was there for me when I didn't want to bore friends with constant wedding talking and TB will be here for all things baby related. Only my BFF knows that we are expecting. We are telling DH's family in a few weeks and my mom after that. We are waiting till after the first tri to tell everyone else. Even once we spill the beans though, I'm going to do my best not to overdo the baby talk. My BFF is married and just had her second so she can talk babies all day but a lot of my other friends are unmarried or nowhere close to having babies.
  • Options
    Congrats and welcome to you!  Its great to have an outlet where everyone is going through the same thing!
  • Options
    TB is great for all our obsessive baby talk.  It's nice to have a place to go where people know what you're going through and can anwer your questions and make you not feel crazy when your SO looks at you like you lost your mind.  :)
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BFP#1 5/18/12. MMC @ 8 weeks. Measuring 6w5d. MC naturally 6/29/12. Forever loved.

2013-07-17 at 07.15.09
  • Options
    MrsLeanMrsLean member

Welcome!

I agree, this is a great place to chat with other mothers-to-be/mothers about all things pregnancy/baby. I'm sure my DH would get annoyed with me if I talked to him all day about all the things baby-related that go through my head!!! We haven't told anyone yet that we're expecting so this is a good excitement outlet for me (I'm so excited to tell my family... likely next week)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"