Attachment Parenting
Options

Alanis on GMA

Sigh. Making AP seem as though it's a parenting style only for people like celebrities who can afford it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic Picture114b Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Alanis on GMA

• Options

I really hate every celebrity who is come out as an AP.

First Mayim Blalik makes us seem like we can't go on a date with our DH and wear our babies 24 hours a day, now her...

I hate that it's seen as so extremist when I'm sure a lot of parents use the principals in everyday life without even realising it.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

I don't like it when celebs use their celeb status to be so called parenting experts. I cannot stand it.

• Loading the player...
  • Options

I watched the interview online. Meh. Whatever. At least she didn't make AP sound totally freakish. 

What I found interesting was the poll on the homepage about AP - I voted and it's tied at 50/50% 

I would have thought that there would be many more people saying it goes to far, given the recent crazy media frenzy.

https://gma.yahoo.com/

it's on the right side, below the "top stories" and advertisement.

You can vote for the rest of the day.   

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Options
    Will someone post the link to the interview? I would love to see it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    vitanvitan member
    imagePunkyBooster:

I don't like it when celebs use their celeb status to be so called parenting experts. I cannot stand it.

AMEN!!!!!
    Visit The Nest!Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BFP #1 - 11/16/10 CP 12/1/10
    Our team green turned into team pink! Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    BFP #2 17dpo - 47, 19dpo - 114 Chart
  • Options
    Delirking because it people like her and Blossom (could not resist) that make me think I am not AP. After reading this board and feeling how open you all are, I feel like "Wow I kind of am" I try to breast feed for what I can (long stories for both kids) I like to baby wear, but It is out of making life eaiser. I am planing to CD with my third, but that is because I am taking  two years off my teaching job. I feel like the media makes it seem like you have to be this militant AP person and if not, you are not in the club. The celeberities also creep me out with some of the stuff they come up with. I have never seen anyone on this board be that strange.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"