November 2012 Moms
Options

Thanksgiving Babies

Anyone else worried about missing thanksgiving?

My Due date is Nov 21st, (day before tg)

I love thanksgiving, not just for food but because I get to see my whole family. This year if I pop before hand I might not make it to TG and if I pop after no one is going to want to go to the hassle to make dinner because of fear I will go into labor. My Grandma keeps joking with me about how we are going to have a Coco's Thanksgiving :( They did the same thing the year I was born and I was a Dec 8th baby.

BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker

Re: Thanksgiving Babies

• Options

If I am still KU by Thanksgiving SHOOT ME. IN THE FACE.

K? Thanx!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." "Who doesn't LOVE candy?" Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I'm due Nov 26 and i would LOVE to give birth on thanks giving or a few days before or after.   Just because it would mean my babies stayed in that long and were hopefully healthy.    I've only had a couple of thanksgivings because I've only lived in the states a hand full of years but i do rather enjoy the different foods and all that and getting the friends and family together is lovely. 
    image image Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I am due on Thanksgiving day- so I am pretty much planning on not having a big Thanksgiving.  
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm due the Sunday before and I host every year. It's my absolute favorite holiday- I even have Thanksgiving china! We've decided that I will probably delegate even more than I usually do (my parents and ILs each bring a few things, but I do the bulk of the cooking) and still plan to be at my house, and if we're spending the day in the hospital, we're spending it in the hospital and all the food will come when I'm up to it. DHs aunt and her family always come over too, and that's the only thing that has me a little upset- I don't want to displace them for the holiday when we've always spent it with them. I'm aware that I'm nuts- I'm very certain they'll be fine if we have to cancel on them!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imageJenniferLuvsCandy:

K? Thanx!

LMAO my fiance keeps saying he wants our baby to be born exactly a month from the due date because then it will be on apocalypse day and "the mayans predicted this day" he's pretty goofy. I told him if I give birth a month late I will strangle him  

BabyFetus Ticker BabyName Ticker
  • Options
    dentomdentom member
    This is my worst fear! I'm due 11/19 I went early with DS but I still am worried. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday too. I don't want to be in the hospital for it. I had a week long hospital stay with DS that is my biggest fear as well lol. 
    IMG_0970 Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    imagesmhstones09:

Anyone else worried about missing thanksgiving?

My Due date is Nov 21st, (day before tg)

I love thanksgiving, not just for food but because I get to see my whole family. This year if I pop before hand I might not make it to TG and if I pop after no one is going to want to go to the hassle to make dinner because of fear I will go into labor. My Grandma keeps joking with me about how we are going to have a Coco's Thanksgiving :( They did the same thing the year I was born and I was a Dec 8th baby.

We're due the same day. This is something that I've been worried about for a while. For all the same reasons that you're concerned. If I do end up giving birth "on time" then hopefully the family will understand and just have the BIG dinner and get together on the following weekend instead. 

Although the full 40 weeks means a healthier baby, I can't help but be a little selfish and hope LO comes just a few days before the EDD. 

V|V TSP V|V
  • Options
    I'm due at the beginning of the month but I'm actually a bit concerned about Thanksgiving because babe will only be a couple/few weeks old and we have a BIG family Thanksgiving dinner. I'll probably just keep him/her in a moby or something the whole time because I don't want the baby that young to be passed around to that many people on one day.
  • Options
    avila01avila01 member
    Actually, I kind of like how close my EDD is to Thanksgiving.  (I'm due Nov 20th.)  Normally, DH and I spend Thanksgiving alone, since we have no family anywhere in the state and don't want to spend the money to go visit people for both T-giving and Christmas.  This year, though, we'll likely have family come visit us because they want to be here when the baby is born.  If I miss having a big meal...that's okay.  I just like that I'll get to have family with us!
    ~~~~Carrie & Shawn~~~~December 21, 2007~~~~ image
    Our Blog!
    "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain." Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    We live 9 hours from family and weren't going to get to attend this year because of my work schedule. My secret hope is that when my mom comes down, she'll whip up a small dinner. I should probably go eat something now because I am drooling a little just thinking about it.
  • Options

I'm honestly not too worried about it.  I'm due the 28th, but am having a planned repeat c-section so I will more than likely be in the hospital during the week of Thanksgiving, if not the day itself.   My in-laws always do T-day on a different day during the weekend so that their sons can go to their in-law's and not have to worry about a conflict which has always made it nice for all of us.  

My parents are also in the process of moving halfway across the country and my mother is selling her house so once she's got to be out she'll be living with us until after the baby comes.  My dad has already moved to the other state to start a job.  My mom may do something small at my house for DH and DS and my brother.  If she does and I'm still in the hospital I know they'll bring me some food in the hospital.  With them moving it's not like it's going to be a normal T-day for me anyway.

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers
  • Options
    I'm due the 29th and I'm terrified of having my baby on a day that would be Thanksgiving! I'm hoping that my baby comes right on time.
  • Options
    I am due the 20th and am hoping not to be in the hospital on Thanksgiving because I too love the food and would like to eat with my whole family. It's not the end of the word though. DS was born on Easter Sunday two years ago so we missed that holiday but giving birth to your baby definitely tops missing any holiday in my book! Plus, my parents brought DH and I each a plate of food, so we got to enjoy Easter dinner anyway! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    I am due the 24th and Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday!  We were actually supposed to host this year - it will be our first thanksgiving in our new home that we are almost done building.  At this point, I still plan on having it....I know I am nuts.  I know as the fall approaches I will change my mind as who knows when this baby will arrive and I will most likely be in no condition to have it.  Who knows....
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Options
    milescmilesc member

DHs cousin went into labor later Thanksgiving night and had her the following AM, Black Friday. (she did NOT get a discount at the hospital, we asked Wink )

She ate light at Thanksgiving dinner, which may be something for you ladies to consider if you'd make it until then... Labor on a full, heavy stomach wouldn't be fun. And your more than likely to lose it anyways, sorry. Eat light if you get to enjoy the Holiday 

Those who don't believe in love at first sight, have never given birth
    Big sister meeting little brother for the first time-
    <a href="http://s326.photobucket.com/albums/k409/YellowMiles/?action=view
  • Options
    Labor is so exhausting it can make anything delicious. Even though it was May, right after I delivered my first I was given a full thanksgiving meal. I've given birth three times now, and whatever they fed me immediately after was some of the best food I'd ever tasted--but nothing came close to that full Thanksgiving meal in May. I usuallly deliver right on my edd (11/22 this round) so hospital food or not, I hope I get an official turkey dinner this time!
  • Options

I'm due the Monday after Thanksgiving so it's completely feasible that I'll deliver either right before or right after the holiday itself. Either way, I figure we'll host a small immediate-family-only dinner at our house, which my mama will more than likely cook since there's no way I'll feel like standing on my feet in a kitchen for hours when I'm so close to popping.

My baby SIL was born on Christmas Day, after MIL had already put dinner in the oven. Change of plans! I think DH, his brother, and their dad just ended up reheating the meal the next day. 

Please pardon any typos -- I'm typically bumping from my phone
    V|V TSP V|V
    imageimageimage
    * Lindsay Chase is going to be a big brother in August! *
  • Options
    I'm due on Thanksgiving, but I'll have a repeat c/s a week before. I'll be home alone with the baby resting while DH takes the older kids to our families' Thanksgivings. I know my mom will send me leftovers, and she'll pick out the best for me. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    imagecolumbiamommy:
    I'm due on Thanksgiving, but I'll have a repeat c/s a week before. I'll be home alone with the baby resting while DH takes the older kids to our families' Thanksgivings. I know my mom will send me leftovers, and she'll pick out the best for me. :)
      This is what I want to have happen!  Send everyone to a restaurant or someone else's house (bc we always host).

"A new baby is like the beginning of all things--wonder, hope, a dream of possibilities."

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    I'm due on Thanksgiving. DH's b-day is the 25th. I'm hoping for the Monday before TG, because I'm worried about my OB and staff being gone for the holiday!
  • Options
    I'm due on TG day and I'm a little concerned about popping early and missing out on family time. And not to mention I'm kind of hoping to still be preggo so I can REALLY enjoy all the TG food deliciousness! 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Yes! I'm due the 26th and I hope he/she stays in long enough to let me enjoy Thanksgiving dinner with my family. It's my favorite time of the year. Whenever this comes up, DH jokes that he'll enjoy turkey dinner for the both of us.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

imageSoCoGirl:
    I am due on Thanksgiving day- so I am pretty much planning on not having a big Thanksgiving.  

Due date twins! I am due on Thanksgiving as well! I am really okay with it since the timing allows me to have more time off from work. I teach so I will have the week of Thanksgiving off from work and Christmas break off without using my sick leave! 

• Options
    Bear021Bear021 member

DH and I are Skipping it all together.  We don't want to have to go to the "family thing" with his side because it is nothing but a gossip and B_ _ _ _ fest.  Should I be home and feeling up to it I am making Turkey and what not, just for the simple reason that I will put it into gravy and freeze it for quick meals after baby is born.  I am due a few days after Thanksgiving.

• Options
    Beezy14Beezy14 member
    My turkey will be deliverd the 19th. I should be home on Thanksgiving day! 
  • Options
    I'm also due on Thanksgiving and a teacher :)  I'm not really bothered by missing one holiday.  I doubt I'll even have the baby that day since due dates are rarely correct.  My mom said something about ordering pizzas to make it easy on everyone.  We'll just have a big Christmas feast not much later!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    GHBEAGHBEA member
    If I'm in the hospital then the older kids will bring dinner up from the family dinner, if I'm home and baby is here and we both are feeling good and no one is sick I may go to the family dinner.
                                                 Mom to 4 wonderful daughters
                                 Breanna, Ellie and 
                                 our 2 rainbow babies.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options

imagesutherlandjn:
    I'm due at the beginning of the month but I'm actually a bit concerned about Thanksgiving because babe will only be a couple/few weeks old and we have a BIG family Thanksgiving dinner. I'll probably just keep him/her in a moby or something the whole time because I don't want the baby that young to be passed around to that many people on one day.

Same here. Our baby is going to be the 10th grandkid on Dh's side, so I'm kind of nervous having a new baby around so many young children. I've also seen how the other kids were passed around a lot when they were babies, so I'm sure everyone will be expecting us to allow the same. I'm probably overthinking it, but I'm nervous that I'll end up feeling guilty for wanting to hold my own baby.Tongue Tied

• Options
    Thanksgiving is seriously my favorite holiday -- great food, family and no stress over presents! We had our DS via emergency c-section on Thanksgiving 2008 and actually are hoping to do the same this time around (the actual dates will be different)... it was great having him on Thanksgiving b/c everyone in our family had the long weekend off so we had lots of family in/out of the hospital.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers BFP: 12/3/07, M/C @ 7w 3d ~ 12/24/07 image
  • Options

I'm due on the 23rd. I've always known the birth with coincide with Thanksgiving, but haven't given much thought as to how that holiday will be handled. Turns out, we'll be in Canada by then and it doesn't coincide with a Canadian holiday - so we will be missing it anyway. I'm not terribly sad about it, but I will miss it.

If I was going to be here I think I probably would have passed on doing a serious TG celebration in my own home. I suspect it will be business as usual amongst our family and friends and I likely would have had the option to just show up.

• Options
    I'm due on Thanksgiving! It's not a big deal to me. I just told DH that if I was in the hospital he had to go get me some decent food.
  • Options
    imageJenniferLuvsCandy:

K? Thanx!

Ditto!

• Options
    My EDD is Nov 26th but since I'm having a c section I'm scheduled for the 20th....we are two hours away from family so I'm hoping they will come see us for the day...I'll still be in the hospital on Thanksgiving
  • Options
    I am worried about missing Thanksgiving.  My due date is Nov 15, which is exactly one week before Thanksgiving.  I'm hoping to at least go into labor by my due date, if not earlier.  I am also worried about bringing the baby to the Thanksgiving dinner.  Even though it's just a few family members, the baby will only be a few days old.  I really love Thanksgiving, it's my favorite holiday.  I'll be mad if I have to miss turkey, but also happy that we have a new little bundle of joy.

imageimageimage

Anniversary
  • Options
    My EDD is Nov 5th. Even if I don't go past this date, the baby will only be a few weeks old and I am nervous about taking the baby to thanksgiving dinner. I am a FTM and picture myself being pretty tired during those first few weeks. Luckily, the dinners are usually pretty small and low key. Still feel weird about it though.
  • Options
    imagemrswarman07:
    imageJenniferLuvsCandy:

K? Thanx!

Ditto!

Seriously!  I'm due two weeks before, so my fear is that the baby won't be that late.  One, because I don't feel like being six years pregnant, I feel giant already.  Two, if my Step-MIL is here when I give birth (and she tends to show up on Thanksgiving), I will jump out of the window of whatever floor I am on at Sanai.

BTW, I asked on our tour if I happened to be there on Thanksgiving if my mom could bring me a plate.  The woman just glared at me and asked if I was seriously SERIOUSLY asking that, so............ not TECHNICALLY a no!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"